Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #1

Daily thread ~ Friday

Morning all

It's sunny here but there is a fair bit of cloud around, at least it's dry..

We took Cassie to the Cattery this morning, complete with her blanket and a bag of toys. Not a murmur from her as she knows it well now...... she hopped out of her carrier, there was just enough time to give her an ear tickle, then she went through the cat flap out into her outdoor run.

I have the hairdressers at 1.00pm then back here to finish off the packing..

Have a good week everyone, be good!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-08-2008, 11:43 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread ~ Friday

Morning Mags! So glad Cassie seems happy enough to go on her holiday too. I do hope you have a good time, even if the weather is a bit iffy!

At the moment it is glorious here - blue sky, a light breeze but it is certainly a bit chillier. Would be expecting to notice lower temperatures in about a fortnight's time maybe - so I guess we're not too far ahead of ourselves.

We were due to attend a BBQ tomorrow - but I've just had a call from our friend who has postponed it because of the forecast for tomorrow! Last year, they went ahead and we all stood around under umbrellas - it was a very damp affair and they had gone to so much work with the preparations, so all in all I think they have been sensible this time.

Lots of transcription work to do today (yes, it's arrived!) so must start ASAP. So glad OH and I managed to clear our bedroom completely yesterday, so we are ready for the plasterer tomorrow. Any bets on whether he will turn up or not?????

Have a good day all and Happy Holiday wishes to Mags and Smudgley, and anyone else who is going on their holidays!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-08-2008, 02:17 PM   #3

It's bright, sunny and warm here. We've done the shopping (the boys and I), visited the playground and I've just mown and edged the lawn in the front whilst Sebi's been napping Actually, I might run out and photograph the path whilst I think of it!!

I have been reading a couple of U.S. parenting books (How to talk so kids listen and listen so kids talk + Raising Boys). I've avoided these types of things usually, but have been working on some of the suggestions and today has been calm, pleasant and non-stressful

All those holidaying have a nice time . . . we were due to visist Earthace who'll be berthed in Southampton until Sunday, but only if the weather's nice

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #4

Afternoon! Usual weather, sun, cooler, 24C, with the t'storm prediction again. They were around yesterday but not a drop in the City; garden is very very dry! Market run, some yard work and Catsey later.

Good weather wishes to all the holidayers!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
15-08-2008, 07:40 PM   #5

bright and sunny here, though i wish fall would kick in..we have only one air conditioned room in this house.
tossed and turned till well after five am..had an anxiety attack for some unknown reason..slept six hours and woke up ill again, not a surprise.
have to go to the pharmacy for more pills and the library while i'm at it. i ordered a book that seems humurous and comedic called "your cat's just not that into you"..it's a spoof on a self help book for women in bad relationships with men who don't pay them any attention..except substitued wittily with cats.
then i have to clean out the cat carrier and bleach it as tigger had an accident in it and i need it at four for kuan yin's annual exam and vaccinations. hopefully it'll be okay.
last night i passed out sort of. i got this electrical jolt in my head..almost like a brain hiccup..and the world stopped and fast forwarded and i fell over and it passed. luckily i was already sitting on the couch. just another symptom to relay to my doctor..just worried it'll happen again when i'm not sitting or out in public!
lots of pain today...no coffee left in the kitchen..no money to buy any..not really ready for the day but need to be.
hope you all enjoy your day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
15-08-2008, 08:17 PM   #6

Hi all,
Horrid horrid day-sometimes I wish I had a different job .

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2008, 08:42 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklizzy
Hi all,
Horrid horrid day-sometimes I wish I had a different job .
Awww, (((hugs))), PL. Did someone die?

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2008, 08:53 PM   #8

Thanks Eileen. I've been sitting downstairs with a collie in premature labour, lost all the babies. So awful not to be able to do anything, poor girl is so confused

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #9

Oh that is so sad. One of the downsides of your profession, to be sure; but how wonderful when you save a mum and babies, or send a very ill cat back home in good health...... I have the greatest respect for the dedicated doctors and nurses I trust my cats health to....

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #10

There are always some lovely moments but at the moment they seem to be outweighed by heartbreak.