Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
24-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #1

? kitten with cystitis

Think Mindy may have a UTI (urinary tract infection). Anyone ever had this with a kitten?

On Saturday she had a wee accident - conveniently on the dogs waterproof bed This morning she had another one. Ive noticed over past couple days when lifting her thought her bottom was damp but thought she had been licking herself & altho hard to tell as she has ginger colouring round her bottom as well as white, i think she has some urine staining there

Have to add shes very bright & Amber has taken Mindy under her wing - actively seeks wee one out to play Tims still huffing a bit but very little

Will give vet phone in morning & hopefully get her seen tomorrow. Poor wee love.

Anyone any idea on how to get a urine sample from a kitten/cat?

Cats owned: Persian
24-07-2011, 01:29 PM   #2

Re: ? kitten with cystitis

My kitten had this when she was 5 months old, and she had blood in her wee and was going to the toilet more than just a couple of times a day i mean like 6-7 times and hardly hany wee there what color is your cat litter? because it can be very hard to tell if she has blood unless you can go in there after she has had a wee.... mine is a very light colour so you can see the blood in the urine...

You shouldn't have to take a urine sample with you as they should be able to tell from her tempreture etc but if they have asked you to,put stones little ones about 6mm in the litter instead and that way it won't soak the wee up and you can get a sample...

But taking her to the vets is the best option no matter what is wrong with them....

hope this has helped, and glad to see the other cats are taking to the kitten now x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #3

Re: ? kitten with cystitis

I'm sorry to hear this Velvet - I think you are right and you need to let the vet see her. I've not heard of cystitis in such a young kitten, but I know that babies can get it. Poor love - she really is having a rough start. Hope whatever is wrong can be treated and cured very soon.