Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
13-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #1

Dribbling (not sure where to post this)

Over the past few weeks, I have noticed Dylan dribbles on himself when he's washing- he will start off licking his side (either side) then he seems to forget what he was meant to be doing and dribble all down his side that he was washing. The vet has checked his teeth and everything and he got a clean bill of health (apart from his heart - heart murmur grade 2-3). He does this on average a couple of times a week (he's too lazy to wash any more often than that so I brush him)

Any ideas what could be causing this?

(We'll be changing vets soon because I'm moving into Nottingham with dylanstroker)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-06-2011, 03:01 PM   #2

Re: Dribbling (not sure where to post this)

I was going to suggest a dental check, but as your vet says his teeth are OK, that's obviously not the problem. I can't remember how old Dylan is, if you know for certain. It's certainly odd but probably nothing to worry about - here's hoping.

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2011, 03:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
I was going to suggest a dental check, but as your vet says his teeth are OK, that's obviously not the problem. I can't remember how old Dylan is, if you know for certain. It's certainly odd but probably nothing to worry about - here's hoping.
He's about 7 years old (we thought he was 6 this year but according to Petlog he was born in 2004 which makes him 7 years)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-06-2011, 03:17 PM   #4

They only other thing I can think of is a problem with his salivary glands - did the vet check those too?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2011, 03:24 PM   #5

It's a puzzle to me also, RCR, since teeth have been ruled out. Ask the vet next visit?

Catsey Veteran

13-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #6

The vet looked in his mouth, not sure if she looked at his salivary glands or not. When I get to Nottingham, should I get the vet there check Dylan over as well do you think?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
13-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #7

I'm sure he's fine , Bernie is quite a drooler too and nothing wrong with his teeth or saliva glands.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #8

Have to say Cleo...dribbled too often wet around her mouth area.........nothing wrong with her just a dribbler.

If the vet has checked him over the only thing I would have suggested was his teeth but......and he is fine.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Mixed
13-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #9

George drools too. Not all the time, but I've noticed he does it if he's really happy and relaxed and purring. Milly tends to drool when she's rubbing up against me. I did wonder if it was something to do with scent glands working overtime. I don't thinkyou have anything to worry about

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-06-2011, 10:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misspurrfect
George drools too. Not all the time, but I've noticed he does it if he's really happy and relaxed and purring. Milly tends to drool when she's rubbing up against me. I did wonder if it was something to do with scent glands working overtime. I don't thinkyou have anything to worry about
You could be spot on there.