Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
03-06-2011, 07:51 PM   #1

Booster-can he have it early?

Hi all!

Raven and AJ were always boostered at a seperate time of year to Hernie and Rhino. We have been trying to close the gap on this the last 2 years by leaving it upto the 3 months after the booster is due that you are allowed to go overdue. Hernie and Rhino have to be boostered before 20th June but AJ isnt due his until the start of July. I did ring the vets and ask if it was safe to bring AJ up early with them for his and they told me it is, and that it would just be me missing out on having to pay early but i wanted to double check here before going ahead with it! I plan to bring Hernie and Rhino next saturday 11th so it will be less then 3 weeks early if AJ has it done at the same time-is this really ok?

I dont know if it makes a difference but the boys are only vaccinated with the Feligen as i was told a few years ago that indoor kitties dont need the leucogen as they are low risk.

Would love to know the opinions of you knowledgeable folk

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-06-2011, 08:19 PM   #2

Re: Booster-can he have it early?

Have to admit to not having any idea JB - will look forward to someone else's opinion. Mind you, if your vet said it is safe ......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Domestic Shorthairs & Longhair
03-06-2011, 09:06 PM   #3

As long as you're not going months early then it's fine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-06-2011, 10:06 PM   #4

I don't do the booster shots (indoor only cat), but if the vet says OK, I'd go for it.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
04-06-2011, 02:37 AM   #5

Tim will be due in July, not looking forward to it at all after what happened when he was a kitten

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggie monsters (1 with Wings)
16-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #6

Just to say thanks to all for the replies, AJ went along with the other boys and had it done early and everything is fine! Everyone is always so shocked at how big AJ is A direct quote from the vet as we pulled him out of the carrier was "whoa"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet
Tim will be due in July, not looking forward to it at all after what happened when he was a kitten
Im not on these boards often enough to be familiar with what happened to your boy? doesnt sound like anything good though so shall keep fingers crossed that this years booster goes well!

I have often thought about stopping the boosters altogether as i have no plans at all to let them outdoors, but i do plan to go on a proper holiday at some point so the problem is the catteries i suppose the answer to that is finding a petsitter, but until i find a trusted one i shall have to keep up with the boosters!