Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
14-02-2007, 05:19 PM   #1

Busy day today..

Hello all, hope you are having a good day, bit long for the "daily thred" so i thought Id put it here.

Took Moose for his valentines "OP" this morning, poor little fellow, then went straight to my friends house, who's bitch had began to whelp a few hours earlier, most of the puppies came breeched which made things difficult, finally tally, 2 boys, 2 girls, and unfortunately 2 born dead, a boy and a girl. So 4 happy healthy puppies and mom is just fine.

Then it was off to phone the kennel club, but there is only so much "music" you can take on hold, so I gave up after about 9 minutes!!

Some lunch at the Harvester was followed by a walk with the dogs across the common, then back for more music from the kennel club!

Off shopping then and at 3.15, picked up Moose who is a few ounces lighter but came home and ate his food like he was starving!! Wiggy doesnt like how he smells and is on the top perch avoiding him!

So thats my day off for today!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-02-2007, 05:29 PM   #2

Re: Busy day today..

Glad Moose is ok after his little op

What breed is the dog that whelped Dawn? and when you say the puppies came breech do you mean bum first or feet first?

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #3

Border Terriers Fran. Bum first they came. The first one was fine, but she was dead, the second one was bum first and then all the others were including the other dead one. She had difficulty giving birth to a couple of them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-02-2007, 05:37 PM   #4

Glad Moose is home and eating! The others do hate that "vet smell", don't they?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by borderdawn
Border Terriers Fran. Bum first they came. The first one was fine, but she was dead, the second one was bum first and then all the others were including the other dead one. She had difficulty giving birth to a couple of them.
Are they usually difficult whelpers Dawn? Maddie delivers most of hers bum first without problems. I realise they are much smaller a breed than labs

Catsey Veteran

14-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #6

They are not the best Fran, many have inertia, probably due to their stoic nature, and often end up with a cesar. They are also a very "narrow" breed, narrow through the body and hindquarters, due to the work they were designed for, this may also contribute. My friends Lab also had hers bum first, she had no problems either, then her second and last litter she has all the right way round! Funny these dogs.
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 10 cats (stray stayed) 3 sleeping x
14-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #7

Sounds like you have had a very busy but fun day....I know what you mean about holding music! I was ready to scream very loudly!! at the Vodafone music one day last week.

Dont even get me started on the Mr Brains Faggots advert which my local radio station keeps playing, its getting so bad I scream and turn the radio off! its normally when I am driving to or from work - grrrrrr.

Do you have any pics from today? x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
14-02-2007, 06:27 PM   #8

Glad Moose is back home and well after his op, Dawn .....

Sounds like you've had a very busy day too!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-02-2007, 06:56 PM   #9

A busy day.
Still think it was a bad joke booking Moose in for today! Did the vets comment?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-02-2007, 06:59 PM   #10

A busy day indeed Dawn. Glad Moose is okay, they do have that vet smell when they come home don't they!