Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 tortie(f) 2 b&w (m) 1 black(f)
02-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #1

Troubles been to the vets

as some of you know trouble was due to see the vet today due to his diareah (sp) well we arnt long in and the vet says he has an infection, she doesnt think its fiv or cat flu which is good, his stomach is really bloated/gassy considering he was last fed last night and his inner eylids are up which is what led her to believe he has the infection, he has been given antibiotics (noraclave) which is for 5 days starting tonight 1 twice a day and he is on royal canin sensitivity diet over the weekend she gave me six sachets he is to get 1 and a half a day but little and often and no other food, and a seperate litter tray from strife and try to make sure he is using that one ( is gonna be difficult to make sure as the house is very small) if no better by monday iv to hand in a stool sample to be sent off to the lab. and if strife gets the squits iv to let them know asap, this is gonna be fun

he weighs 3.5 kgs already which means he is only half a kilo lighter than bella my adult lol

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-04-2010, 07:11 PM   #2

Re: Troubles been to the vets

Poor trouble! But at least you know there's something not right and are dealing with it. I do hope his "trouble" responds well to the meds and he is soon on the mend.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 19 Persians, 2 Oriental SHs
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #3

I hope trouble gets well soon. I am sure the meds will do their job.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
02-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #4

I do hope Trouble gets better soon. Hopefully the meds will help. Xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
02-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #5

Hope the meds will help and that the little (or not so little!) guy feels better very soon!

Catsey Junior

07-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #6

well his 3rd eyelids are back where they belong, i have finished the special food and his noraclav he has been solid untill today im wondering if it may be the food, i cant see it though as he was fine on it before, hmmm the vet said if he still had the squits on monday to hand in a sample but he was solid on monday and yesterday but it was yesterday he got the first taste of "normal" cat food again, do i hand in a poo sample tomorow?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
08-04-2010, 06:56 AM   #7

I would take in a sample anyway if it were me, give the vet a call and ask though as they may feel it's not necessary.
Hope he remains well xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #8

I'd take one too; if they don't need it it can just be discarded.

Catsey Junior

08-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #9

thanks guys will see how he is tonight after his food and take one then if need be

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #10

Good that Trouble's perking up. It's horrid when they are ill and it's something that we can't identify.

Just wanted to mention about the food. My Baliero was fed Royal Canin Persian dry all his life. Suddenly he became intollerant to it, vomitting up the food and loosing weight. I've since put him on Oral Sensitive RC and he's still touch and go with the vommiting/diaorhhea but if I stick to that food only (and by that I mean no boiled chicken, fish etc as they all now seem to set him off) everthing is fine.

What I'm saying is that if you find a food that works stick with it . . .