Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
13-03-2010, 08:50 PM   #41

Re: Misty's blood results

Thanks so much. The vet I saw on Tuesday, who is a much older experienced vet never mentioned about a scan or operation, in fact he said there would be no point in operating as they wouldn't be able to do anything. What the vet said yesterday has put my mind in turmoil. However, this was the vet who said he probably had FIP, so I don't have much faith in her! The supplement the vet has given me contains milk thistle. Misty wasn't impressed with the Hills L/D food, so I think I will just carry on giving him what I know he likes. I spoke to Mr Burns at crufts today and he said Burns food would be fine for him. Misty isn't jaundice at all at the moment. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-03-2010, 09:23 PM   #42

Isn't it irritating when you get differring information....I must say I did not change Oz or Cleo's diet when they got CRF I tried they hated it (one night) I just left them with what they normaly ate plus a lot of things that they loved to keep them eating.

All the best did you enjoy Crufts I am going tomorrow...

Catsey Veteran

13-03-2010, 09:48 PM   #43

Thanks Kazz. Yes, I did enjoy Crufts. Not as busy as normal, which was nicer to walk around. Spent a fortune on the dogs, I actually had a list of thing to buy them!!! Spent quite a lot at the Burns stand and bought them a paw plunger for cleaning muddy feet - saw them last year and have regrettted so many times that I didn't buy one then! Also bought some 'plaque off', BARF food, treats, a furminator, which was a bargain and fab! After the shopping we spent quite a long time in the main arena watching the agility. As usual we headed for the rescue stands, particularly the greyhounds. Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2010, 07:26 PM   #44

Just an update on Misty. Very sadly he has deteriorated very much in the last few days. he has not eaten anything today and hardly moving. I think his time is very near. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, but I have given him some metacam just in case. I am also syringing some water into his mouth as his gums are very pale. I would rather he passes away naturally, if not I shall have to take him for his final vet visit. I did phone the vet this evening and they said that it does sound as if his time is near, but our decision.

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2010, 07:33 PM   #45

If he is no pain then I understand your P.O.V......I am sorry to hear your news, but he is much loved and cared for there is nothing else to do but wait.

Take care of yourself and remember Kim cats (animals) do not have expectations of what is to come....they just slow down and take it as normal...its us who worry not them. They live in the present moment not the future moment.

Take care I know its hard Karen

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #46

I'm very sorry to hear about Misty, Kim. You will know when the time is right. (((HUGS)))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-04-2010, 07:47 PM   #47

So sorry to read this Kim, all my love and best wishes are with you and your family xxx

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2010, 08:07 PM   #48

Thanks all. I really thought I would know when the time is right, but I'm actually not sure. Misty has always hated the vets and meowed the whole time he was there, he is lying on his heated pad in our conservatory and the heater is on, I have covered him with a light blanket. He looks peaceful, I just pray that he goes naturally.

Kazz, sorry to be thick, but what does P.O.V mean?

xx

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #49

Sorry Kim, apologises....Point Of View, my apologises we do it at work don't know why.............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #50

So sorry to hear you are faced with making this decision Kim. God willing, Misty will take this onerous task off your hands and just 'fall asleep'.

I can understand your anguish and also the 'should I; shouldn't I' confusion. It's something I'm beginning to get to with my old boy and you just feel unable to trust your judgement at a time like that.

Much love xxx