Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
20-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #1

Darcy makes a move for the laptop...

I've posted pics before of Darcy lying in front of my laptop in a bid to get attention and stop me typing away and ignoring him. Yesterday afternoon, after making myself a cup of tea, I came back to find him moving his tactics up a notch:

Making a move:

Bingo:

The cheeky Darcy-cat!

And a few others from the last few weeks:

Minsky on his favourite spot on the sofa, snuggled up to OH's hand:

Different day, same pillow:

Darcy on the dizzy heights of his pedestal:

Before I painted the bathroom on Saturday, Darcy made his opinion of the whole ordeal known: not amused!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #2

Re: Darcy makes a move for the laptop...

Really great pictures of the brothers, meep! My OH was looking at the screen when I opened this thread and he commented on how big your boys are and how he is glad not to have to share the bed with them!

I would have a problem with deciding whether Darcy is more handsome than Minsky or vice versa!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-10-2008, 02:42 PM   #3

Brilliant pictures Meep, what is it with cats and laptops...!! They are gorgeous....

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #4

Great pics Meep.......... laptops, keyboards - they just attract cats for some reason!

Almost a Veteran Member

20-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #5

Thanks everyone! Darcy does love the laptop, or my book, or my notepad, or anything that isn't him that I'm paying attention to

They really are big boys. I get used to seeing them, but occasionally will see a photo of them and it puts it in perspective. They take up a lot of leg room in the bed, but are great for extra heat in the winter months!

Almost a Veteran Member

20-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #6

Oh and Angie, it is so hard to say who is most 'handsome'. I would say in the true sense of the word, Darcy is more 'handsome' as he cuts a fine figure, has even patterns, a lovely wee face, and is a bit of a dandy. But Minsky is a dignified fellow, who quite often reminds me of the Godfather sitting on his pillow surveying his kingdom. I'd say Darcy's a handsome prince whilst Minsky's the regal King! (Not necesarily hierarchy wise, but their attitudes!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #7

Don't suppose you'll ever know which was born first - perhaps it is a hierarchy thing though!

Wonder if there were any other siblings?

Almost a Veteran Member

20-10-2008, 04:08 PM   #8

You know, I've wondered that many times myself, and I'd love to see their siblings!! A whole room of 5 or 6 6 kilo cats! And I'd love to see their mum and dad, and pictures of them as kittens! But I'm just glad I have them now anyway

Minsky is bigger than Darcy, I notice it a lot more now than I did when we first got them. I think he's 2 pounds heavier on the scales but much longer, stalkier and chunkier! Darcy is a 'big' cat but still slender. Minsky is the godfather I think his size means Minsky can be more dominant, but it doesn't stop Darcy from frequently pouncing on him and initiating fights They are a bit competitive for attention, but I'm sure it'll ease off as they get a bit older.