Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-11-2010, 05:55 PM   #11

Re: Tuesday daily

Hello again... Back from the vets now... Cloud was very good thanks - lots of crying on the way there and back, a bit of wriggling while vet was trying to give her the jabs - so don't blame her, and that was about it. Apparently she's now 1.6kgs, or 3.5lbs - so am told by google anyway. This vet was also agreeing that she likely to be a decent size of cat.

I am rather pleased to be home for the night...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #12

Glad you are both home safely Squirrel and that Cloud was a good girlie. Cuddles from me for her!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #13

Afternoon, all.
Well, we survived that horrid storm. Oddly enough the wind is gone and now it's incredibly bright and sunny..though the temp is only 22F..still much improved though. The winds did not taper off until 4am. I spent much of the night carrying a flashlight with me just in case as things kept flickering.
Mess outside with garbage cans toppled over and such. Apparently the highway was incredibly bad on the I-5, 6 hours to just move a mile, people were having accidents left and right and many just parked which made things worse. So glad I was not out and about. Wind gusts got up to 60 mph and everything was covered in ice. The wind chill was below 0, I didn't even bother to trek to the mailbox yesterday, wasn't worth it! Looks like we are over the worst of it, it should slowly warm up into 30s and 40s by the end of the week and we're supposed to see more rain than snow so we'll see.
Dogs walking on the ice of the pond now Okay, good they got off, can you imagine having to rescue them in that??
Someone posted a missing ad for a tuxedo cat in my area, he's been gone since July. I responded back I think I saw him about two weeks ago on my neighbors roof. Told them what street I live on and that several of our neighbors leave cat food on their porch, they were gracious and said they would look into our neighborhood. They're not too far away, a couple streets over maybe. I hope they find him, temperatures have been so brutal lately.
Have a good day, everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #14

Hi Tink - glad to hear you are OK. I never even heard of ice storms until "The Ice Storm" film in 1997. Really scary. Best to stay indoors. I'm surprised anyone ventured out.

The photos may be amazing, and living through it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-11-2010, 09:13 PM   #15

Wow, Tink, glad you survived and the worst is over now, although those temps sound brutal indeed! I hope the tuxedo cat is the lost one and reunited with his owners. It's up to 66 F now but clouded over with rain on the way, and your storm will be here by Saturday, alhough weakened, thank God!. Happy to hear the dogs didn't fall thru the ice; hope Hestia's boyfriend was holed up somewhere safely during the weather.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-11-2010, 10:18 PM   #16

Me too, our neighbors feed cats on the porch but don't allow them inside, several of them have found shelter underneath their house, I hope all the animals without homes inside at least found places like that where they could be out of the wind gusts and wind chill.