Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #1

Tuesday daily

Morning all

On lates today so not home till 9 gone. Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday daily

Morning Kazz and all who follow.

A reasonable day weather-wise. Still and cloudy but dry. OH is playing golf today and I have to take Harley to the vet in a while. I mentioned he was limping last Friday I think - over the weekend I didn't notice it getting any worse but today he cannot put his foot on the ground and his paw seems swollen. I cannot see any wound nor is there any heat in the paw. Called the vet first thing and he has an appointment at 11.30. OH will help me get him in the cat carrier before he goes to golf and at least at the vet there will be assistance! I will have to leave MIL on her own for a while though. I will let you know the outcome later.

Well, whatever BT did last night it seems to have improved our broadband speed. We are up to 1.2 which is very good for us, we are usually around .75 - hope everyone else is back and connected?

Have a good day folks, will pop in again later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-11-2010, 11:49 AM   #3

Morning Kazz, Angie and all to come! Hope Harley's foot is better soon Angie.

The cold that laid me so low recently is still causing some problems, I'm just sleeping so much, nearly 10 hours a night! most unlike me but I suppose it's just my body recovering. Fortunately the dog doesn't mind what time I get up and OH is perfectly happy, for the moment, to see to breakfasts for dog and cats. Being retired I'm not under any pressure to get up early and do things, I've got the whole of the rest of the day for that!

Hope everyone has a good day today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #4

Hello everyone, sorry to hear you're still feeling under the weather MrsH.
Angie i hope Harley gets on alright at the vets today.
Took Malaika to meet her doggy friends today so she's had a good romp.
Need to clean the bathroom, make us something to eat and then out to visit a friend this afternoon.

Catsey Veteran

23-11-2010, 01:06 PM   #5

Update on Harley. He has an infection from a bite - just one puncture the vet found. He has had a long lasting anti-b jab and an anti-inflammatory jab. He may need to return for another anti-inflam on Friday, depending on whether the swelling goes down.

Harley was very very good at the vet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
23-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #6

Poor boy, i hope his paw is feeling better soon.
He's so lucky you care for him, Angie.

Catsey Veteran

23-11-2010, 01:29 PM   #7

He is a poppet, Shelley. As they said at the surgery, if he's happy living in the hen house and gets food and attention when needed, then he will be fine.

Interestingly, the vet I saw today is one of the more senior vets who was so very good with Merlin and is particularly good with cats thought that Harley may not be quite as young as I thought and put him around middle-age. He has filled out so since being neutered and now weighs exactly 6K!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
23-11-2010, 03:01 PM   #8

Hi all, off work with this cold, feel like s**t!

Glad Harley got on ok at vets. Was MIL ok in your absence?

I did our bathroom on Saturday - alway feel it looks great all sparkl - wish I could ban people from using it, even if just for the rest of that day!!

Mrs H, your cold is hanging about - hope you feel better soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
23-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #9

Afternoon, everyone - or morning for those who are in a slightly differen time zone!

Finally finished work for the day - didn't get home until late last night, and still feeling rather wabbit. This time of the year does Not agree with me!

Cloud off to the vet in just over an hour to get that second jab and check up.

Glad to know that Harley got on well enough at the vets Angie.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so ill CM - hope you feel lots better soon.

catch up with you all another point!

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #10

Hi all from the different time zone one. A lovely unseasonable day here, wind has shifted to the South and it's already 16 C (61 F) now at 11 am; loads of sun for Madame to bask in after her morning mad dash thru the house. Grocery delivery this afternoon (early because of the Holiday Thursday), so a no errand lie-in day.

Angie, glad Harley was seen and was a good boy at the vet; hope his paw improves soon! MrsH, that wretched cold has really hung on, take care of yourself. Squirrel, hope Cloud is good at the vet also. CM, Shelley, enjoy the sparklng clean bathrooms! I hope Tink is OK and has power, that's a horrible storm on the West coast .... and it's heading our way by Saturday, aaargh! But weakened somewhat, they say.

Hope it's a really nice day for all!