Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
22-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #1

Monday Again!

Hi, all! Another late Daily!

Quiet day here, chilly again, 11 C (48 F), the early morning fog has mostly lifted and the sun is trying to peep through. Just a light fog, we very rarely get a real pea souper. To the market for a few things, having my regular Thursday grocery delivery tomorrow because of the Holiday. Nothing special planned for the day,,

Hope all are well and having a good day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #2

Re: Monday Again!

Hello Eileen,
hope you get everything you need from the market.
Work this morning for me then a quick clean up as i didn't get much done this weekend.

Catsey Veteran

22-11-2010, 09:18 PM   #3

Bump ........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
22-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #4

Evening all, a couple of days off work for us, so have been relaxing and reading a book on my iPad for most of the afternoon.

Made a lovely lamb curry by slow cooking the lamb during the day and then preparing the curry sauce later.

Have a good one everybody.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #5

Afternoon, all.
Well the weather is brutal right now.
25 F and wind advisory 35-50 mph thru tonight, the wind chill is into the single digits and teens.
Wind will hopefully calm down by tomorrow.
Last night we went to the market to pick up a few things. I went in while K waited in the car as his legs were bothering him and I came out and just loading some bags into the trunk with the wind gusting at me I could no longer feel my fingers!!
Our pond has completely frozen over, it is a mini ice skating rink.
Fireplace going constantly right now, at least if we lose electric we'll have that as it's gas powered, only the fan to cool it down is electric.
The trees are dancing like mad.
Cats and ferrets are snuggling in for naps to sleep it out. I don't think I'll be going anywhere today if I can help it.
Solomon has a new habit. He wakes me when I'm havin a terrible dream. He's done this about three times now so I don't think it's coincidence. I will have a nightmare and wake up to him standing over me gently pawing at my face to wake up. What a sweetheart, he is, I love this cat so much!!
Have a good day all, if I go missing it's because the winds have taken our power out.

Catsey Veteran

22-11-2010, 10:31 PM   #6

Horrible weather, Tink! I hope you don't have a power loss, glad you're well stocked and can cocoon during the worst of it! That is so sweet about Solly, he must sense your disturbance .. I do think they have ESP sometimes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
22-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #7

Yes, I think so Eileen. He doesn't wake me from good dreams, only the bad...or if he's hungry

Catsey Veteran

22-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #8

Hunger trumps compassion, apparently. It may be body language during a nightmare that clues him in .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
22-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #9

Hi all - hope you survive the terrible weather Tink. I have another bad cold just seems I've got over the last one. OH says I don't give myself recovery time. I was brought up to keep going - don't know if that is working for me now.

Been a pleasant, but cold, day here.

I think Solly was sent to you, he is so in tune with you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #10

wish someone would wake me when i have nightmares, i had an atrocious one last night