Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #11

Re: Sunday daily

Hi all, those to follow! Sunny here but quite brisk, single digits before lunch: 8 C (48 F). A nice lie-in here too, just a quiet day planned with the papers and Sunday crossword. Swordfish and fresh spinach tonight.

Leia was totally uninterested in "people food" when she was younger; has broadened her tastes as she's gotten older, but still never bothers my plate ... unlike my previous crew! Once when I went to answer the door at dinner time I returned to find Dandy on the table with my broiled trout by the tail ready to carry it off...... yes, I've told that story before, but my excuse is that we have new members

Stay warm and dry all, and enjoy the dinners, all sound yummy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Once when I went to answer the door at dinner time I returned to find Dandy on the table with my broiled trout by the tail ready to carry it off......
What a chancer! Thus far I've managed to avoid madam getting at my food - beyond licking the crumbs off of a plate, and snatching the corner of a cracker of all things!!! I'm now trying to remember to at least put my plate on top of the high book case she can't reach once I'm done...

Clouds brother once apparently decided that Mum's dinner made excellent alternative cat litter... Luckily enough she caught him at it, so knew he'd done it, but

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
21-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #13

Evening all, my two great aunties took us out for lunch, had a great meal and great company, popped to see my parents and are now home, ticked up in my slanket

Have a good evening all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-11-2010, 08:22 PM   #14

Morning, all
30 degrees here. The snow on the ground is almost gone. Still a bit windy but not much, most of our snow and wind is going south, I talked to my mother last night on the phone and they are just getting the brunt of it now
Yesterday was crazy, I let the ferrets switch rooms for playtime for a change of scenery. Wow, my original group was sure excited to see the bedroom with the new floors. They found out they can slip and slide on it quite well, lol.
Watched an animation called Kirikou and the Sorceress last night, I really liked it though K didn't agree. Oh, well
Hestia's "boyfriend" (the cat she pals around with when she goes on walkabout) has just come in to our yard and had a very looooong drink at the pond. I wonder if he has a home to go to in this cold weather. I've got a picture of him, will share shortly in another thread.
I hope you all have a great day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #15

Happy Birthday to Lyn's ratties.
Had a lovely, lovely day today. We went to Haworth Christmas market and took Malaika. We go every year but it was very different taking her with us.
Lovely looking in all the shops, there are some realy interesting ones with lots of retro items. Had a lemon and sugar pancake, then chips and curry at tea time, all eaten outside ( i find certain foods taste wonderful when eaten outside ) Took Malaika for a walk on the moors, following in the footsteps of Emily Bronte and her dog.
Fell in love with a huge long haired Black cat, think he lives in the apothecary, he's absolutely stunning and i want him.
Later went into the Blackbull pub where Branwell hung out, as soon as we got in Malaika was given a big piece of meat by the landlord so she was well suited.
Will bore you all with some pics tomorrow

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
21-11-2010, 09:31 PM   #16

a lemon and sugar pancake sounds lovely..and so does the cat!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #17

Lemon and sugar pancake - my favourite!

I look forward to your photos Shelley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #18

You live in Bronte territory, Shelley? Preston didn't ring a bell, hut Haworth did! Yes, food outdoors does seem to taste nicer, don't know why. Look forward to pics also.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-11-2010, 10:05 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
You live in Bronte territory, Shelley? Preston didn't ring a bell, hut Haworth did! Yes, food outdoors does seem to taste nicer, don't know why. Look forward to pics also.
We live in the next county, Eileen. It takes about an hour to drive there.
I love going into the parsonage but didn't go in today.
Forgot to say i bought a bar of Carbolic soap today, i seem to remember we were discussing it in another thread.