Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #1

Sunday daily

Morning all.

Hope you are all good? not sure what I am doing today..............its cold buit may potter out into the garden really not sure.

Roast pork for dinner..........................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
21-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #2

Re: Sunday daily

Morning Kazz - cold here too but dry and the sun is out. I have a few winter pansies to put in tubs (49p for 6 in B&Q) feel I need a day indoors to warm up. Was at friends yesterday morning helping her school a new horse so I was wandering around the same 4 sq metres for three hours - chilled to the bone.

Trying to empty some of the stuff in the freezer so lamb chops tonight.

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-11-2010, 01:20 PM   #3

Hi Kazz. CM and all to follow. Very overcast and chilly here. Would be nice to see some sunshine. I have some primula to plant out and still haven't done it. Filled the bird feeders though.

OH is off fishing today. We both used to be surfcasters when we were "courting" and newly-weds. Thing is it used to be at night in the Winter and generally b****y cold and wet. We used to fish competitions and OH has been fishing since he was a boy. We both sort of packed it in when the fish stopped biting. He tends to go once or twice a year.

MIL can't settle today. She's been up and down between her room and the lounge three times now. Considering her limited mobility, she might wear herself out and fall asleep somewhere .... I hope.

Think we will finish off the beef casserole tonight. Always try to make enough for two nights.

Have a good day peeps - keep warm.

Kazz - I like your new avatar, it's a tree, but I can't see the rest properly. Is it growing out of a boat???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
21-11-2010, 02:33 PM   #4

Afternoon all! Quite cool here as well - and a bit wet too. Guess we've left behind the days when overcast meant fairly warm. Still with the rainy though, so not cold enough for snow or anything like that!

Thinking of trying out salmon for evening meal tonight, probably with mash... will be interesting to see how Cloud reacts to Mums having that... Might have to be really quite firm about my food not being hers...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-11-2010, 03:10 PM   #5

hi all! looong lie in this morning! not got much planned for today, it is the ratties 1st birthday today i have a walnut cake for them and have some pea fishing planned, this is where you put maybe an inch of water in a container, add some peas and watch them go paddle/fish for them i may boil an egg or two for them and let them at it, never done that before it will be amusing to watch so long as there arent too many squabbles!
lol squirrel, pip has issues when we have chicken, i usually put some in his bowl but then he's right up at your plate

hope everyone has a lovely sunday

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2010, 04:10 PM   #6

It's good to stop them eating your food when they are young. Give them some in their own bowls, but that's it.

Funny how some animals are really interested and others not. I'm sure I've said that before on another thread. Forgive an old chook for repeating herself

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-11-2010, 04:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Kazz - I like your new avatar, it's a tree, but I can't see the rest properly. Is it growing out of a boat???

Its in a cupped hand Angie.

Catsey Veteran

21-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #8

Well .......... now that you say it. I thought it was a small boat, prow on, beached! I think I can see a wrist now!!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
21-11-2010, 05:02 PM   #9

Hiya, I went agility training with Pascha and Marshall this morning for an hour. Since then I have just been pottering around doing some housework and some paperwork for school which Mitsy was very helpful with (she really is a shadow) she decided the folder I was working from was the perfect bed and then that my pen was the best toy ever!
I am planning to have chicken enchiladas tonight.
Lynz - I love the pea-bobbing idea for the rats. I found that if I gave my rats too much dairy they would become quite lethargic - do you find this? Just the egg idea made me think.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
21-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #10

hi danielle, i havent really noticed, they dont really get a lot of dairy products, when they were much younger i would give them some scrambled for extra protein but never gave them a whole egg before. they get their main meal at night and dried in the morning. oh and they've never had cake before, just a treat for their birthday