Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #1

Sort of Soggy Saturday?

Hello everyone, good morning (still, just!)

Gloomy, damp, still but not yet raining here. 9C here, so not too chilly yet.

Glad to report that Pip is back to normal this morning. Racing about like a cat of his age should do. He was definitely not right yesterday. He is just so full of "Pipness" that when his Pipometre drops off, it is really noticeable. He is eating and drinking normally. Being an outdoor boy I cannot monitor his other functions, which is a disadvantage.

Beef casserole tonight with mashed pots and cabbage. The casserole has home grown leeks, carrots and shallots in it.

By the way, has anyone here tried growing their own mushrooms??? I know you can buy kits of some of the more exotic ones and wondered whether it was worth a go. We eat a lot of mushrooms.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-11-2010, 03:20 PM   #2

Re: Sort of Soggy Saturday?

Hello everyone!

Yeah, it is a bit damp and wet over here. Nothing much to report in with. Quiet day here, with little other happening outside of the house than moving the car a bit, and talking to a neighbour for a few minutes. It was when I returned from the latter that I discovered Cloud's injury, and she has spent much of the rest of the day sleeping on Mum's dressing gown - which is more often than not sitting on Mum. Few reasons for getting off - including Mum deciding it to be lunch time, and the phone going - not too sure what that was - company call I think, cause it didn't connect when I picked up, but hey ho!!!

Just a stay indoors day today i think.

Hope everyone else is well!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-11-2010, 05:26 PM   #3

Hi Angie, Squirrel, those to follow! Lovely morning here, milder 11 C (52 F), not windy. No errands today as I stopped at the library yesterday after the market.

Glad Pip is back to himself today; he may have eaten something outside that upset his tummy; hope Cloud is a good kitten today with no more ear scratching. Chinese dinner tonight: won ton soup, chicken shiu mai and shrimp spring rolls, yum!

Stay warm and dry, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #4

Hello everyone, glad Pip is back to normal, Angie.
Sorry to hear about Clouds injury, Kate, i guess you have wrote about it on another thread, not had time to catch up yet.
Eileen your Chinese dinner sounds lovely, i love Won ton soup.
Busy day for me today, dog walk first thing and then training.
Malaika did so well i just glow with pride watching her
Took my youngest son over to stay the night with my eldest, who is having girl probs. Try to advise the best i can but it's difficult when i don't know the girl.
Indian take away for us tonight and Haworth Christmas market tomorrow.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
20-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #5

Hiya, I have only just realised that there are these 'dailies'!
Glad that Pip and Cloud are ok now.
I was crazy and went to an agility competition in this awful weather and am just thawing out now.
It is my German Spitz Marshall's first birthday today I gave him a deer ear to celebrate!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
20-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #6

Happy birthday to Marshall... And what a horrible day to be out like so!

Also meant to say that I was glad Pip seemed more himself again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
20-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle0211
Hiya, I have only just realised that there are these 'dailies'!
Glad that Pip and Cloud are ok now.
I was crazy and went to an agility competition in this awful weather and am just thawing out now.
It is my German Spitz Marshall's first birthday today I gave him a deer ear to celebrate!
Happy first birthday to Marshall, it would be nice to see a pic of him
I realy like the daily thread, we just chat about anything and i find it realy helps you stay in touch.
You might like to join our quiz night sometime as well if you are free on a Wed. The quiz starts at 8.15pm and is good fun.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Tabby with ginger & a black & white
20-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #8

He is the one that mitsy was photographed arm in arm with!
I will certainly try to remember about the quiz!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
20-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #9

evening all! working today, hoping to come home to a bit of quiet to find pip having a maddie! he is testing my patience right now, being very naughty and clumsy! i had to laugh though, i was in bed last night and heard this crashing noise. i shouted down to my OH who was still up, 'what was that noise?' naughty pip had stretched up behind the cd rack and pushed it over with his paws wait for it... right into his litter tray poor oh had to clean it up
im being very bad tonight, had chips, rice and gravy from chinese for dinner and saving the brownie that i picked up reduced to 30p for the xfactor!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
20-11-2010, 09:00 PM   #10

afternoon, all
the sun keeps peeking out, temp still in the 30s and snow on the ground, slightly melted but not much.
last night the winds were really howling and it was neat to watch the snow pick up in swirls. the cats were eager for me to open the bedroom window so they could have a look thru the screen. all were very interested until a sudden gust of snow spilled inside the room and onto their fur. i also told solomon about snow and winter and what christmas is, he seemed to be listening with an odd look on his face
the wind is still here but not nearly as strong as last night. don't see any new snow falling for now..maybe it'll clear up.
solomon and kuan yin are playing their morning bout of tag. solomon found out he could climb inside the couch yesterday if he digs out the cushions enough on the bright side, he did find a pair of pants k has been looking for
have a good day, all!