Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #1

Tardy Thursday!

Hi, where is everyone? Hello, out there! I rarely get to start the Daily..

Sunny and still chilly here, 10 C (49 F), and the howling winds have stopped; there was quite a bit of damage from them, downed trees, etc. But a lovely Autumn day, must tale a pic of the Japanese maple in all it's scarlet glory. No news, quiet lie-in day and pottering; waiting for delivery of the new credit card ... now have to notify everyone of the new number, bah!

Hope all are well, c'mon, report in, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-11-2010, 05:08 PM   #2

Re: Tardy Thursday!

Hi Eileen! Just had a cuppa here.

It has been a very wet day here. OH and I went out for a bit of a walk and to try out new waterproofs, overtrousers and gaiters. All worked well and passed their first test. Underfoot was extremely muddy. We walked through a couple of heavy showers. So glad I have a walking pole to test the depth of the puddles! Got kissed by a black lab which although not horrid wasn't the nicest thing in the world! My breathing hasn't been too good since yesterday evening, so we did take it very easy and got back to the car and drove up to the top of Harting Hill to the viewpoint to eat our sandwiches and have coffee and came home a bit early. It's certainly dropping chilly now.

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #3

Your R & R day outing sounds a bit damp, to say the least; glad the new gear is satisfactory. Had it been me, think I'd have gone to a nice warm pub for lunch...... Re the lab, made me think of Lucy in the Peanuts strip saying "Aaaarh I've been kissed by a dog!!"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-11-2010, 05:32 PM   #4

Hello Eileen and Angie and all to follow.
Hope your new card has arrived, Eileen. Glad you had a nice walk Angie and tested your waterproofs.
Work for me this morning and then a walk down the country lanes with Malaika. Her new coat arrived today and finaly we have one that fits, you may remember i had to return it twice. May bore you with pics of Malaika in her new coat after

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #5

Went out shopping today to Marks and Spencer (just normal getting a couple of new sweaters, trousers etc. not Christmas shopping, much too early!!) blimey, it was busy in there! shan't go back again until next year! Revived ourselves with a nice cuppa and a pastry though!

Morgan ate a bit more of the telephone directories while we were out but I'm past caring now, I just gently tut at him and put them back on the shelf of the hall table. He doesn't touch them at all when we're in and I often accidentally leave my handbag on the shelf overnight with my phone, credit card etc inside and he ignores it (fortunately!) He could be worse

Catsey Veteran

18-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #6

Shelley, glad Malaika's coat finally fits ... third time lucky! Yes, pics, please. MtsH, there is talk here that they will no longer be publishing white pages phone directories as no one uses them any more! But what about people who aren't on line?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
18-11-2010, 05:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Your R & R day outing sounds a bit damp, to say the least; glad the new gear is satisfactory. Had it been me, think I'd have gone to a nice warm pub for lunch...... Re the lab, made me think of Lucy in the Peanuts strip saying "Aaaarh I've been kissed by a dog!!"
I remember that! Loved Peanuts - had a little Woodstock on a spring that hung from the ceiling. Those were the days!

It will be Peanuts 60th Anniversary next year!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
18-11-2010, 06:20 PM   #8

Hello everyone!

I have been very lazy today!!! A short while out in the morning for an appointment, and then playing taxi driver to take my friend and Cloud's brother Vivaldi to the vets so he could get his second immunisation jab... She'll have hers done on Tuesday.

I've noticed on here that there are several people who disapprove of the practice, but right now it seems to be a case of 'better'. Never mind anything else - it invalidates the insurance if it's not done!

Anyway, he's next back there when he's 6 months old for to be neutered. And once she's had this visit, it will be the same for Cloud. Oh what joys lie ahead!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
18-11-2010, 07:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
MtsH, there is talk here that they will no longer be publishing white pages phone directories as no one uses them any more! But what about people who aren't on line?
Interesting...... hmmm! I was just thinking the other day that one of the reasons I'm not too bothered about Morgan chewing the directories is that we just don't use them any more. As you say though, what about the people who aren't online? not everyone emails! MrH says "what's the alternative for them? dialling directory enquiries isn't free!"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
18-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #10

Evening all, work for me today and then popped to the shops to stock up.

Just made homemade chicken Kiev - they have turned out really well -yummy!

Really enjoying the iPad - it was great yesterday as I download few free books on kindle.