Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-11-2010, 06:45 AM   #1

Wet 'n' Wild Wednesday

very early start to the Daily, blame Posh! All freaked out by tamping down rain she was crying at 5am so put her in bed with us, then she started to fidget and meow. So, I got up& made her breakfast, noticed my shoulder was aching so decided to stay up and have a coffee.
It's rather nice sitting here listening to the driving rain, howling wind in peace and quiet now Posh has gone back to sleep !! I'm sure I can find something useful to do.

Well Kate Middleton's life has changed in day hasn't it the prospect of being Princess Katherine must be a bit overwhelming, but hasn't it been every little girl's dream? Now the romantic idea of a Royal Wedding and all the fuss and ceremony has completely taken over my 'dark side' of reason and economy and negative view of Royalty per se.

Oh well, on with the mundane job of peeling veg... Some day my Prince will come , la la la ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
17-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #2

Re: Wet 'n' Wild Wednesday

Ouch! That was an early start to the day for you! It's still so Dark here. Again with the not wanting to get up bit, but I am awake etc now. Bit on the windy side here, but nothing compared to what you've got!

No TV here, so I'm missing out on the hype of the engagement. Can well understand them keeping it quiet for a while - gave them a time without all the media hype so they could enjoy and get used to the idea themselves first. I think sometimes it is forgotten or ignored that these huge icons are only people themselves...

At the same time, it is lovely news.

*sighs* Need to be out in less than an hours time... Fun, fun, fun. Wonder if I can get in the car and go today, or if I'll need to deal with frost again first. It's really hit in this week up here...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
17-11-2010, 10:39 AM   #3

Weather atrocious here, severe gale warnings. Sea as rough as ive ever seen it, spray coming over road & hitting upstairs besroom windows. Kittens wide awake & running amok as usual. Dogs awake but dont think they relish prospect going out in driving gales & rain ;(. Roll on Spring....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-11-2010, 11:44 AM   #4

Bad weather here rain and cold, have to go out as my last holiday day back to work tomorrow.........bills to pay etc. Sal has gone in the garden and had a w** but don't think she relishes walking in the driving rain.

Excellent news about the future Royal Wedding, party on I say we need as a Country cheering up. too much doom and gloom.

May have a look at some new bedroom furniture. Would like to invest in something well made.

See you all later,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #5

Morning all, gosh you were up early PP, bet you will be tired later.
Sounds like we all have bad weather, got up today with every intention of taking Malaika to meet her playmates down the park, instead i took her into the front garden where she finaly had a wee (she won't go in the back garden)
Had a disturbed night with Tom (seperate thread), now have headache.
Washer on, ironing festering in the cupboard so bit of a boring day for me.
It is good news about the royal wedding, i do like the monarchy, for me they define periods in history and for that they are worth it, to me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #6

Afternoon everyone! Do any of our members live in Cornwall? Velvet - I know you live by the sea somewhere ... but where? The western side of the country certainly has had it very very bad. Here, it is chilly and overcast and windy and has just started to rain. We were out relatively early (for us!) to go to the DIY store and get some roofing felt. I am pleased to be able to report that OH and I have re-felted Harley's House roof and it should at least be weatherproof now. The inside has dried out considerably as I took all the damp newspaper out yesterday. Harley took an interest in what we were doing for a while, but retreated to the greenhouse when OH started banging nails in. It's interesting - OH has really taken to Harley. He did almost from the beginning of him being here last June-ish time. I never dreamt that we'd have completed the job after I reported the dampness yesterday afternoon. I'll swear he'd do anything for that cat!

PP - sorry you had a disturbed night. Hope things have quietened down and that Her Ladyship let's you have a snooze later on!

I'm afraid I'm baaa-humbug about royalty, but I do rather like your definition, Shelley - defining periods in history - so very true, and in more than just name too. If William and Kate were merely a boy and a girl, I'd wish them well. I have a hope that William could change the whole concept of royalty, if he's allowed to do so.

Keep safe and dry peeps. Hopefully some of you may be awake enough to join us this evening for the quiz at around 8.15 ish???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #7

Afternoon - pressure eased off a bit in the office so a little more time to say hello today The weather here is also really foul; strong winds, lashing rain.

Just been out to M&S for a wrap and some juice and the Christmas rush is definitely starting, managed to pick up a lovely spruce-green frosted wreath for our now-black front door - should look nice Also got a faux-fur scarf which looks JUST as if a tabby cat is draped around my neck . . . main thing is that it is warm

Might try and make the quiz tonight all being well.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: BSH Silver Tab, Lilac CP, Blue
fancyabrew is Male
17-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #8

twas very windy and wet down here in sunny Cornwall, started about 8pm and finally stopped at about 645 this morning. A few slates off the houses in my lane, but not ours thankfully

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-11-2010, 03:13 PM   #9

Finally emerging from a rotten few days with my cold that really laid me low The medication that I take for my rheumatoid arthritis has the effect of suppressing my immune system so sometimes even a little infection can hit me for 6. My breathing is now returning to normal, at least I can breathe without wheezing, coughing, aching, spluttering etc. my tinnitis has been reaching an all-time high and lymph glands came up quite severly not only in my neck but under my arms as well. Felt proper sorry for myself

But anyway, things are a lot brighter today, mainly because I slept well for the first time in over a week.

It was my consultant appointment at the hospital this morning, she seems quite pleased with things, very little stiffness or pain but my liver enzymes are rising again so I have to remain very careful of alcohol, keep well hydrated and continue with regular blood tests. I now have only 1 glass of wine a week, with my Sunday lunch, I really miss my nightly gin

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #10

Hi people! We had the rotten wether yesterday, rain and a late t'storm about 1 am; sunny amd relatively mild now at 13 C (55 F), but howling winds; leaves coming down like mad ... all that raking!

I am not a happy camper this morning: had a call from Chase bank about two suspicious charges on my credit card; apparently I've been hacked as they were not mine. So, card cancelled, new one on the way overnighted; now have to notify all the places I have automatic charges to change the billing number... oh joy!! How I hate hackers!

Sorry your weather is so dismal! MrsH, glad your cold s finally abating, and really sympathize with you missing your evening gin. Angie, good that Harley's shelter is snug now. Yola, hope to see you at the quiz, sounds like a fun faux fur! PP, love your expression: ironing festering! You really had an early morning. Fancyabrew, glad you had no wind damage; Shelley, sorry about poor Tom's leg. Velvet, was the car frosted? All of you with dogs that need to go out and wee in the rain. my sympathy!

Stay warm and dry, all......