Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-11-2010, 09:33 PM   #11

Re: Tuesday

Clever Shelley to think of that! I shall munch some walnuts while having my martini and let them fight it out.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-11-2010, 09:37 PM   #12

Now why did that make me think of beer and peanuts and wrapping your head in a damp towel as in The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
16-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Clever Shelley to think of that! I shall munch some walnuts while having my martini and let them fight it out.....
bahaha too funny. suddenly i'm craving walnuts..

quiet "morning" here so far (nearly 1pm). nothing much going on except i might venture out to the store in a bit to stock some things before the weather gets nasty..
the wind picked up last night, sounded very spooky. solomon and kuan yin wanted to look out at it so i opened the bedroom window and i fell asleep watching the clouds roll by quite quickly until it was too dark to see them anymore.

have a good day, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
16-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #14

evening! back to work today after a glorius week off! only to get a row first thing for being late!! i had dropped my phone last night and the battery come out, so i had to reset the time and date, only i did it wrong! so was 5 mins late oopsie! sitting watching the box on the laptop with pip trying to climb over to get to the 'mouse' on the screen! he has been enjoying watching cats on the tv and the washing machine also!

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #15

Five minutes and they made a big deal out of it?! Ridiculous.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-11-2010, 10:56 PM   #16

Work work work. I didn't move from my PC all day apart from to take a pee However I am probably managing one of our two most important clients at the moment and as the transition between businesses is still in its infancy I have to focus on it.

Bit miffed because Fifi tore a hole in my new woollen top last night when I was putting her eye cream in. Went back into the shop tonight and not only did they no longer have my size, the style has been reduced by almost 50% So I bought a purple top to replace the torn grey one!

On another note, both Fifi and Balie have really regained their appetite and are looking and behaving much better in terms of health and general wellbeing

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #17

Good to hear that Fifi and Bailie are doing well; they (and you) have had hard times this Summer. Pity about the top......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
16-11-2010, 11:12 PM   #18

well im not the most punctual person for work, but im never usually 'late'! my boss wants us to be in there 5 mins early ready to start work when i usually arrive 2-3 mins early. i hang my coat up and im ready in less than a min! im not paid to be there early and we are usually too busy to even take our breaks!

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #19

I was always punctual when I was working, but on the very rare occasions when I was late, I always fended off sarcastic remarks by saying I;d be in 5 minutes early tomorrow to make up for it ... such nit-picking!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #20

That's certainly one thing I don't miss about working for someone else! I could tell myself off now, but tend not to . I never felt guilty about being a few minutes late - all the extra time at the end of the day, the missed lunch hours and the occasional Saturday morning made up for it, I'm absolutely sure.

Glad Fifi and Balie are picking up Yola. Sorry about your top - can it be mended?