Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
16-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #1

Tuesday

good afternoon everyone, bright, sunny and cold here.
Been out for a lovely walk in the park so Malaika could meet up with her friends, that Dog has a better social life than me
Just about to have something to eat and then out to visit a friend .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-11-2010, 04:16 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday

Hi Shelley - hello all to follow! Lovely, glorious autumnal day here too - blue sky, sunshine and warm in the sun but otherwise chilly. Sun beginning to go down now and I'm glad I now have a wool jumper on.

I have been out to lunch with one of the ladies I work for - she bought back a bottle of Nocino for me from her recent trip to Italy. It is walnut liqueur and I am really looking forward to trying it, especially as in a recent report it was suggested that walnuts may help learning and memory in Alzheimer's - well in mice anyway! Whether that will work when the walnuts have been soaked in alcohol or not ..... (can we have a hic! smilie please?)

Unfortunately Harley's house is letting in water and it really is quite damp. I have put dry newspaper down and his vetbed is still dry. I've put in a clean dry blanket but I think a trip to a DIY store is in order for tomorrow to get some roofing felt. Poor boy.

Hope everyone has a good day. Get your hats and gloves ready if you haven't already!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: British Short Hair
16-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #3

well, it's fairly chilly here I must admit. But I'm happy, cause I'm now home for the day. Could have stayed curled up in the warmth, rather than having to go out to work! Never mind! Only one more day to go before I'm off for the weekend!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #4

Hi all, and those to come. Thoroughly gloomy weather today, rain, only 10 C (49 F), will rain till tomorrow morning if the report is correct ... not my weather! No errands, just a lie-in, chores and paid bills.

Angie, interesting about the walnuts; love them and now have an excuse to eat more! Sorry about Harley's shelter, hope the roofing will fix it. And wish someone would adopt him! Squirrel, hang in there, the weekend cometh!

Stay warm and dry, people!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-11-2010, 05:34 PM   #5

Hello all

Not done much today, back to work Thursday...........back garden plans coming on leaps and bounds.................

Angie no sign of the lady interested in Harley? have you tried ringing her?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #6

Hi all. Work for me although it is quiet at the moment. Home now and I am trying out my new birthday present . . An iPad and so far I love it!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-11-2010, 06:30 PM   #7

Hi all! Just got in from my Curves workout and had a great session , used up 360 calories and feel really good.
Ceri's been out with his carer to the country park nearby and walked and then had a coffee. The weather today has been cloudy after the fog lifted, chilly too.

Good news about the Royal Engagement, a love a bit of ceremony and weddings are tops, especially Royal ones

An iPad for a pressie, you lucky girl Emma, your hubby is a gem ! Angie, I'm going to add walnuts to His Nibs' porridge and buy walnut cake tomorrow , see if it will work.
Hope Harley gets settled soon. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
16-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #8

Well done pp on the curves workout. Yes hubby is a gem but I did get him quite a few car parts for his birthday. And my birthday isn't until next Tuesday but he was teasing me about picking it up yesterday and I think he felt obliged to let me have it early. I would recommend it though it is small lightweight and very easy to use!

Global Moderator

16-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Hi all. Work for me although it is quiet at the moment. Home now and I am trying out my new birthday present . . An iPad and so far I love it!
Lovely birthday present Emma, my hubby bought me an iPad when they first came out, I received mine the day before they were released in the UK last May. I love it too, so handy to carry around and easier than I thought to type on.

Catsey Veteran

16-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #10

Angie, the liquer sounds good, trouble is, isn't alcohol supposed to destroy brain cells Still the Walnuts will probably counteract that