Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #1

Bit of a slow start Monday?

Can't believe I'm first to post and it's nearly tea-time!

Started off yukky this morning but now it is blue sky, still and rather chilly. I've had to put the heating on. Sun is going down now and so I've missed the opportunity to go and plant up my primroses. Been a bit busy with normal chores this morning. OH has gone to play golf.

Hope someone else will come along soon ......... I've been shouting "Is there anybody there?" and just get an echo back ....... spooky!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #2

Re: Bit of a slow start Monday?

I'm here! (as she runs in waving and panting) been one of those busy days, got to take advantage of the sun.
Sorted out the perambulating greenhouse, after much debate the position has been chosen, now to hope the wind doesn't ruin my plan. Leaves collected and bagged for recycling. A quick dash to Tesco for milk and bread and as I was there, invested my Clubcard coupons on some Christmas gifts.

Catching my breath and browsing through the Lakeland catalogue, nice things here, I love gadgets Coffee to hand and only ironing left to finish. It's growing in the corner and giving me the evil eye so MUST crack on with it TONIGHT!

Hope you don't feel so lonesome now Angie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
15-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #3

Hi Angie and PP - having a long weekend. Got day off tomorrow so decided to have today as well to make a decent break.

Hoped to get to garden centre for some winter pansies etc to get some tub colour but ran out of time. Perhaps another day.

PP - I love Lakeland, hope you find what you need.

Been a mixed day here weatherwise. Dry and sunny then wet. Had a bit of a housework day today. We are having the lounge painted first week December so I have started to take the pictures off the walls and find another temporary home for the ornaments etc.

Kittens think it is great fun. The room is currently a cream so I think I'm ging to try a warm beigey colour. Just feel just now everything is a bit bland.

Having a ham joint, potatoes and peas for dinner tonight.

Catsey Veteran

15-11-2010, 04:44 PM   #4

Whhhheeeeeeeeeew! Not alone then - that's good! Hi PP and CM.

Guess you didn't see this yesterday PP - I'd been thinking of you and your ironing!

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=37568

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #5

Hiya all...well the three of you......sorry lots to do today well been rushing about not sure I have achieved anything.....I know what you mean about time running out.

Steamed plaice for dinner tonight. May just have it with a baked spud? not sure yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #6

Hi all! Angie, I'm always late because of the time lag! Our spell of nice weather is over: fog this morning has lifted but it's cloudy and raw with an East wind: 10 C (49 F); rain from the South is heading toward us so the next few days will be yucky. Up to the Giant for Leia's special food (and my slice of mousse cake!); won't need to go out during the rains. My heat's been on for ages; when it gets too cool the thermostat kicks on automatically. No-cook Monday, ham and cheese sandwich on a sesame seed bun, curried cauliflower and crisps tonight.

Leia took an unusual mad spell this morning tearing about the house as if her tail were on fire, dashed on the porch and climbed half-way up the screen! Back to her placid self now having a nap.

PP, hope the greenhouse will stop doing a walk-about in its new location! Ironing - bah!! CM, enjoy the long weekend, hope the new paint job will suit. Kazz, I've never had plaice, sounds nice.

Enjoy the day!!

Catsey Veteran

15-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #7

Eileen - your "lateness" is excused - we know where you live!!!

Catsey Veteran

15-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #8

LOL, Angie, and more about my weather than you want to know!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #9

and i'm even later
Work this morning, then posted off Malaka's fleece coat for exchange the second time, lets hope it fits on the third attempt, wish i could measure properly

Catsey Veteran

15-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #10

Hi, Shelley! Hope third time is lucky!