Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #11

Re: Remembrance Sunday (UK)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Oh yes, the laying of the wreath at the Tomb of The Unknown, parades, speeches, etc .... but I do admit you Brits are much better at pageantry ,,, a long time to perfect it.!
Yes maybe so........................................Chapel Royal singers (choir) on parade today (the singers/choir who include children of the chapel royal used to follow the
sovereign everywhere they went and sang when requested like a portable radio) anyhow they were founded according to the reporter today before in its present form in the late 13th century.....although they exsisted before that in the 12th century and the uniforms were last updated in Tudor times................which they still wear.

And one job in the Chapel Royal household was founded in 1066 and carried on to present day. So maybe we do to pomp and ceremony well because we always have done it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #12

Evening all.
Went to the local nature reserve to collect my prize. I entered a competition a few weeks ago to select the winning photo in a competition. My name was pulled out of a hat and i won a £10.00 voucher to spend in their shop.
I chose a very nice metal weather vane thingy with a windmill on the front which activates a bobbing bird.
Then it was off to PAH for royal cannin biscuits for the Cats and food and treats for the Dog.
Chicken for our tea with all the accompanying veg. My eldest son has come for tea so it's nice to see him and catch up, when he's not on [Sys edit: Contains pet forums] that is

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
14-11-2010, 08:40 PM   #13

Morning, all.
Not too bad here, 49 and overcast. Damp but no rain at the moment. Some fog expected. Was shocked to see they are predicting snow this Friday in our little town!!! I'm sure glad I bought those extra blankets now..even happier the fireplace is working this year, last winter was unpleasant without it.
Was very happy my fave boxer Manny Pacquaio won last night. He is from the Philippines and he has so much heart. It's not often you see a Filipino with such success over here, can't help but feel lots of pride. After that, was in the mood to watch more fights so pulled up some instant shows on Netflix and indulged in that with nachos and cookies with K. It was fun
Nothing exciting going on here today. Will probably watch Marmaduke as I just got it in from my Netflix. We've been watching rather serious movies lately and I thought this would be just the thing to lighten things up. I hope it's as funny as the previews made it seem to be.
Have a good day, all