Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
14-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #1

Remembrance Sunday (UK)

They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them or the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We Will Remember Them.

Good morning all. It's a grey day here today, but dry, thank goodness. The parade is due to start at 10.30 in town and proceed to the memorial, I'm not going there but will watch the BBC1 relay from London. Ceri is still in a heavy sleep after a long & exciting day yesterday, rugby was nail-biting, but we lost in the end. No plans for today yet, have to sweep up the lawn and yard of leaves. More ironing does it ever shrink? Will miss Downton Abbey tonight, ah well, new series next year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-11-2010, 10:50 AM   #2

Re: Remembrance Sunday (UK)

Morning PP morning everybody.

Left the oven cleaner on overnight as there was some stubborn marks on the top of the oven going to finish that off today (should look like a new oven!) then I am going to do some baking and make some cupcakes.

Have a good day everybody

Going to watch the remembrance sunday parade on TV.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #3

Morning Emma and PP.

Dry here too just fitted seat covers to the car, easier than I thought.

Just watching the parade on the TV too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #4

Absolutely pouring down here. Watched the Remembrance ceremony from the Albert Hall last night. OH has the Cenotaph service on the radio atm.

Was going to plant out some rather nice primroses that I bought from the farm shop, but they will have to wait for a dry spell. Pip keeps coming in absolutely soaked - Kizzy is out in it now - I do have two rather odd cats!

Roast pork for supper, apple sauce made. Have a grocery delivery this morning as next week is a bit busy and then I need to go to Chichester to post my **!!$%&**! tax stuff in the accountant's letter box.

Have a good day all - stay dry.

Catsey Veteran

14-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #5

Roast pork here too..............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
14-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #6

Beef for us tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
14-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #7

Hi all - cool day, but dry and sunny. Been round all the sheep and watched the parades on TV. PP - we were at the Scotland - New Zealand rugby match at Murrayfield yesterday - we were totally overwhelmed by the great All Blacks. It was freezing!!!! - unfortunately I could not describe it as nailbiting

No big plans for today - watching Grand Prix at moment. Chicken for dinner tonight.

Off to post some pics of Izzi.

Have a good day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-11-2010, 05:14 PM   #8

Hi all! Sunny, not quite as mild as yesterday when we made 20 C ... normal for the day is 15 C! Now before lunch it's 12 C (53 F). Leaves are starting to color, may try for a pic this afternoon as rain is coming for next week. A lie in, papers, crossword and pottering. Ham and cabbage with pickled beets for dinner tonight.

Wish I could have seen the parade, sounds very moving. Angie, are you sure your two don't have some Bengal cat in them ,,, most cats abhor rain! All the dinners sound nice. Off to look at the Izzi pics now

Have a nice day, peeps

Catsey Veteran

14-11-2010, 05:29 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Hi all! Sunny, not quite as mild as yesterday when we made 20 C ... normal for the day is 15 C! Now before lunch it's 12 C (53 F). Leaves are starting to color, may try for a pic this afternoon as rain is coming for next week. A lie in, papers, crossword and pottering. Ham and cabbage with pickled beets for dinner tonight.

Wish I could have seen the parade, sounds very moving. Angie, are you sure your two don't have some Bengal cat in them ,,, most cats abhor rain! All the dinners sound nice. Off to look at the Izzi pics now

Have a nice day, peeps
Do you not have any rememberance services in the USA Eileen?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
14-11-2010, 05:51 PM   #10

Oh yes, the laying of the wreath at the Tomb of The Unknown, parades, speeches, etc .... but I do admit you Brits are much better at pageantry ,,, a long time to perfect it.!