Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning all

Dull overcast and wet here. Sal back to vets this afternoon and nothing else doing really apart from I need to buy milk.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
11-11-2010, 11:58 AM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Nasty weather here very, very windy and raining too!

OH is at the dental hygienist's this morning and when he gets back we'll be going to Thatcham, visiting the waterfowl sanctuary after dropping Morgan off for his trim. I think we'll be viewing the birds from the cafe today rather than walking round the lake though!

No sleep last night because of my cold. Breathing was difficult and every time I dropped off I was having scary dreams about not being able to breathe, being smothered or drowning so today I have red eyes to match my red nose

Lots of blue-tits, chaffinches and greenfinches in the garden today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh called pip!
11-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #3

hi all, not too dull up this way, just a bit of wind we havent seen too much rain this week(yet!). halfway through my week off work, going to get my hair done today, should keep the greys at bay til january! might do a bit of shopping when im finished. hope you feel better soon mrsH, nothing worse then not being able to sleep when you have the cold

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
11-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #4

Blowing a gale her today, the rain was really heavy at 9/10 am but has blown over now. Some local flooding but we're not affected thank goodness. Observed the Silence at 11.00, via the radio, for the fallen of all wars. Goodness knows, will there ever be a year when we don't lose a soldier?

So, Thursday is my 'day off' but its busy as ever, have to get to the gym later, fill up the car with diesel (it's running on fumes!) call my lunch mate to apologise for not coming today. Have to attend a party at the Day Unit at 2pm for a lady who is 100 tomorrow, she's quite sprightly too, mobile with an aid, good memory and loves a laugh. So Happy Birthday Mattie Ceri's 'Thursday girlfriend' at the hospital.

Hope your cold gets going soon Mrs H, catch up on some sleep later. Fingers crossed for Sal Kazz, stay dry peeps.
xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #5

Filthy, wet and cold today. Washed my hair this morning and blow dried it and now it's a frizzy, damp mess after the walk into the office. Still, getting it recoloured as I have 6 months very dark brown root regrowth now and it looks horrible. Still, I have only found one or two grey hairs which for 45 years of age isn't bad!

I think I will capitulate and have a MaccieD for lunch . . . tummy's rumbling just thinking about food at the moment

Looking forward to seeing Dominik tonight, also we have Sebi's parents evening at 6.30 . . . should be interesting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #6

Hello everyone! It's been blowing a hoolie all day here, and it's our R&R day - bucketing with rain this morning and I was dreading going out in it, even with my new waterproof jacket and a pair of waterproof trousers. As fate would have it, as we left the house it stopped raining and although still windy, didn't seem quite so bad.

We walked up through Stoughton forest up towards Kingley Vale and although the wind was at our back at the start as we climbed up through the trees, although we could still hear the wind like an express train in the distance we were untroubled by it - until we got to the top! Anyway got to the Devil's Jumps on top of the Vale and walked across the top and along the other side but found the gate to the area where "our bench" is situated has now been padlocked! Had to make do with a tree stump a bit further on to sit and eat our sandwiches, and by then it was raining again. Didn't hang about getting back to the car where hot coffee was waiting and what do you know - by then there was blue sky and sunshine! Clouds still travelling very fast though.

Home now with a cup of tea and Catsey catch-up. So our day was good even though I was dreading it!

We had our two minutes silence with the radio just before we went out. MIL's carer had a lovely big red poppy in her hair.

Hope Leia is OK and Sal and any other Catsey friends that may not be 100%.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #7

Another sunny cool day here, 11 C (52 F) and not windy. No errand day, grocery delivery coming this afternoon; that's one of the blessings of the internet, being able to order online and have all the heavy stuff delivered!!

Leia seems to be herself today, ate OK, had a good grooming session and sharpened her claws; no movement yet. I wonder if it was the Diar-Eze that helped? Had a moment of silence here at 11:11am ........

Angie, what a shame about "your bench"! MrsH, hope that pesky cold starts getting better; Kazz, hope Sal will be fine today also. Yola, was the lunch as nice as anticipated? I haven't had a Micky D's burger in ages, making me hungry thinking of one...

Stay warm and dry and have a nice day, people

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
11-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #8

Yola stop aying the Word MacieD its been years since I had one of those making me hungry now although I am not.

Eileen hope Leia continues to improve.

Glad everyone has had a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-11-2010, 07:16 PM   #9

If any of you are ever down near me, there is a pub on the Stoughton road that does the best ever burgers - so good last time we called in, they'd sold out.

Another good thing for Harley's CV - he gets on well with dogs. My neighbour's two got into our garden this afternoon - a scatty young collie and a JR - Harley did chase the collie but they soon came nose to nose. The dogs are used to living with cats and when my neighbour came around to collect her scoundrels she said she thought Harley had been brought up with dogs the way he acted around them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
11-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #10

Morning, all.
44 degrees and overcast. Not as chilly as yesterday though, by 7pm it was 37 degrees..not even late into the night! I bet this winter will be interesting, we've had mild winters lately so I think we're due for a good freeze this year.
Glad Leia seems okay, it's so worrying when they're a bit off.
Sister in laws pup is 12 and a half lab..not doing too well lately..they fear she might not be with them much longer. Feel bad for K's sister..
No idea what I'd like to do today..
Have a good one, all.