Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-11-2010, 09:15 PM   #1

Somber mood

A dog walker was involved in a three car smash earlier today and is seriously injured, I think there was one fatality and two very badly injured dogs, one is in a critical state. The silly girl had no crates nor a dog guard and so the poor dogs were thrown through the front of the car on impact. I dont know this dog walker and regardless of what I feel about how she chose to run her business, I do hope she makes a recovery but I especially hope that the dogs will recover as well as every one else involved.
Around a month ago I helped out another dog walker by walking several of her dogs while she went on holiday, she called today to let me know that one of them, a 16 month old black lab died yesterday morning after suffering a brain hemorage. Very sad.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-11-2010, 09:19 PM   #2

Re: Somber mood

Sorry to read this Elaine. Crap day all around; car accidents are horrible especially when animals are involved. I hope all humans and dogs who survived the smash recover

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #3

It's been a doubly sad day for you Elaine. I am shocked that the dog walker had no crates or dog guard to protect or restrain the dogs. Very sad that they have all suffered as a consequence of this horrible accident.

It is even sadder to hear about the black lab. What a shock that must have been for the owners and for the dog walker who must have known the animal well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #4

I do wish there was more awareness of the risk you put your dog in if there is no crate/guard in the car.

Fingers crossed the injured survive.

Sorry to hear about the lab.

(hugs) for you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
10-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #5

Sadly there are several dog walkers who just pack dogs into cars/vans and have no crates and or guards in place. The more dogs they can get in and walk at one time, the less walks they have to do and the more cash they take in.
I hope those who dont carry dogs safely and securely take heed of what has happened today and make amends.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
10-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #6

Very sad, hope those critical make a full recovery.....as for the dog walker who just pile dogs into a van, there should be some legislation in place regarding carrying a lot of dogs together....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
10-11-2010, 11:06 PM   #7

How very sad Elaine.

Sorry, slightly off topic. We have 3 greyhounds and they are strapped into the back of our Picasso car. We don't have crates or a guard, I thought strapping them in would be enough, but obviously not, you have me worried now. where would I get a guard? We remove 2 of the seats to make extra room for them, especially on long journeys, so not sure how we could fix a guard?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #8

Very tragic, Elaine, and could have been avoided with proper precautions. A pity all aren't as conscientious as you,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #9

Sorry to hear this Elaine....I hope everybody including the dogs make a full recovery.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
11-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim
How very sad Elaine.

Sorry, slightly off topic. We have 3 greyhounds and they are strapped into the back of our Picasso car. We don't have crates or a guard, I thought strapping them in would be enough, but obviously not, you have me worried now. where would I get a guard? We remove 2 of the seats to make extra room for them, especially on long journeys, so not sure how we could fix a guard?
You can buy a front seat guard from Pets at Home. Fits securely between the two front seats & worth every penny of the £19.99 it costs.

Very sad accident for all concerned & that poor Lab pup.