Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-11-2010, 08:20 PM   #21

Re: A Much Better at the Moment Wednesday

Congrats, welcome to the world little Erin!!!

Sunny and dry for now..yesterday everything was soggy and last night it got to 34 degrees!
Me and K decided on an outing as I was in the mood to shop so we went to "breakfast" (at 5pm, lol), I had a delicious banana bread french toast
Then off to get some new pants for K at the thrift shop, to the pet store to finish up my Christmas shopping, and then WalMart to get a new comforter and some house supplies. Quite pleased with the one I picked out, I should take pics next time the cats are "modeling" on it for you
My last Tovey book I ordered finally arrived yesterday (took a month!!), but that's what I get for ordering overseas, lol. Worth the wait, "Cats in the Belfry"..I think my fave
Picked up my Longden book from the library at your suggestion (I forget who now ), starting off with The Cat who came in from the Cold, like it very much so far
Call in to the eye doc, I'm overdue for an eye exam and new prescription glasses. Think I will be nice to myself and pick out some more fashionable frames. Eye doc is pleasantly just down the road from me so no hassle
Nothing else really happening here, will try to be awake in time for the quiz, on my second cup of coffee here ...
Have a good one, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-11-2010, 08:34 PM   #22

Oh if you are into reading cat books try "The cat who came for Christmas" by
Cleveland Amory. A brilliant read.

And have you ever read the books by Derek Tangye. He wrote quite a few books called collectively 'The Minack Chronicles' excellent read he has cats and donkeys and raises daffodils.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-11-2010, 09:04 PM   #23

And another two excellent reads are by William Horwood "The Stonor Eagles" and "Callanish" books about eagles but so so good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-11-2010, 11:34 PM   #24

Cats in thr Belfry is a classic!

Follow-up: Leia seems better; she ate most of her tuna at lunch; hasn't had a movement yet. I sprinkled a little Diar-Eze on lunch and the afternoon snack, she's been out on the porch for a bit and no quieter than usual. Hope it was just a one-off, but will keep an eye on her.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
10-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Cats in thr Belfry is a classic!

Follow-up: Leia seems better; she ate most of her tuna at lunch; hasn't had a movement yet. I sprinkled a little Diar-Eze on lunch and the afternoon snack, she's been out on the porch for a bit and no quieter than usual. Hope it was just a one-off, but will keep an eye on her.
Do you think Leia couldn't have possibly picked up something from the mummified mouse she found a couple of days ago, Eileen?

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2010, 11:37 PM   #26

Eileen, glad Leia seems better, perhaps by tomorrow she will be back to normal.
Tink, it was me who reccomended Derel Longden, his books are hilarious, sometimes sad but always enjoyable.
Kazz i have read Derek Tangye books, they are great.

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2010, 11:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Do you think Leia couldn't have possibly picked up something from the mummified mouse she found a couple of days ago, Eileen?
I suppose that's possible, although it was completely dessicated; she wasn't trying to eat it, just playing. But who knows? Or I could have tracked in some bug or virus on my shoes? Anyhow, she's pretty much herself now; thank you for caring. I do worry ....

Global Moderator

10-11-2010, 11:46 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I suppose that's possible, although it was completely dessicated; she wasn't trying to eat it, just playing. But who knows? Or I could have tracked in some bug or virus on my shoes? Anyhow, she's pretty much herself now; thank you for caring. I do worry ....
I'm pleased it was just a short upset and she's feeling better now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
11-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #29

Missed tbe quiz, my nephew came to visit, just a shirt one as school tomorrow, important year - doing his GCSE's. They grow up so fast

Catsey Veteran

11-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #30

Try again next Wednesday, Velvet! Glad you had a nice visit with your nephew.