Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-11-2010, 11:46 AM   #1

A Much Better at the Moment Wednesday

Blue sky and sunny here, but chilly 4C atm. OH is outside with the leaf blower and I am just about to get my thermal hat on (because my ears suffer in the cold!) and go and plant out some more tulips.

Kizzy lost her collar late yesterday evening - very unusual for her, so may go and have a quick hunt around the garden.

Will pop back later around lunch time. Hope everyone else is well, dry and warm????

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
10-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #2

Re: A Much Better at the Moment Wednesday

Oh my goodness you are brave going out to do gardening!

Nippy here too, sea is calm but grey, watery sun trying to peep through the clouds. Never got my windows done yesterday as rain came back.

Waiting for Postman to bring (hopefully) Amber's Comfy collar & the Oilman. Neither have set times so question of just biding my time until theyve been

Dogs, Amber & Mum in front room, Tim with me. Oilman has to bring the oil hose through house as theres no back access - real pain. Guy that owns fields at back of the houses wont allow back access to the houses. In one sense it keeps it all private but for tradesfolk its a real pain.

Just made a cuppa so enjoying that. Think I will make cheese & tomatoes on toast for lunch. Tasty & warming.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #3

Afternoon all - work today and then I am going to pop to the shops and get some more Xmas presents.

I hope everybody is ready for the quiz tonight - should be around 8pm - see you all there

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
10-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Afternoon all - work today and then I am going to pop to the shops and get some more Xmas presents.

I hope everybody is ready for the quiz tonight - should be around 8pm - see you all there
We aren't doing Christmas this year (lost dad suddenly earlier this year)

What quizz is this?

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #5

Velvet - some of us play a quiz regularly here on Catsey on a Wednesday evening. It actually starts around 8.15 as one of our players has Yoga beforehand. There are 10 general questions, the winner is quizmistress or master the following week. It's just for fun and everyone is welcome to join in.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-11-2010, 03:17 PM   #6

Afternoon catsey people.
Very nice sunny day here but of course cold, simply must dig out the hats, scarfs etc, will do it in a minute.
I ordered Malaika an equa fleece coat yesterday and it arrived today. Think it may be too big even though i measured her, will see what o/h thinks. It's a lovely coat though with a polo neck.
She's been to play with her friends in the park today, great fun.
Velvet i'm sorry to hear you lost your Dad this year, i bet you wish Christmas would just go away.
Join us at the quiz if you can, it's a lovely get together.
Emma, i will be there at about 8.15 , after Yoga.
Angie, have you found Kizzy's collar yet ?
Kazz, how is Sal today ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #7

The good news today is that my sore throat is better, the bad news is that I have a very dripping nose! not a good look as the constant use of tissues is making my nose all sore and red. It's a bright sunny day here though and I'm just off to the woods with Morgan who is going to get a lovely bath when we get back as he's going for a trim tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-11-2010, 03:38 PM   #8

Afternoon all It's a bit nippy out but gloriously sunny from the window and the radiator is warm so I'm staying put!
Visited my aunt in the nursing home close by, she's 93 but in good health despite her confused state, up until 3 months ago she was very independent then she fell and although nothing broken, her confidence went. She's well cared for and gets out as much as she can with a carer.

Posh has been very vocal about getting out, so I have to suffer the open back door until she comes back in, brrrr. Silly cat complains she's cold then when she returns, and demands food-pronto! thank goodness we love them.

Wrap up warm peeps, take care, don't know if I can manage the quiz tonight but have fun xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #9

Hi all! Sunny and still below normal 11 C (51 F), wind has finally died down, and the leaves are starting to color. No-errand day, just a lit-in, pottering and got the trash/recytcling out for pickup. Am a bit concerned about Leia, she had a loose movement (not exactly diarrhea, but not really shaped), and wouldn't eat breakfast. But it was one she's not really too fond of, and she did eat some grass .... will keep an eye on her and try tuna at lunch; she seems fine otherwise: bright eyes, wet nose, cool ears ......???

Angie, how many collars have your two managed to lose? MsH, runny noses are so annoying; I rub a little vaseline on my nose when it's sore from all the blowing. Emma, see you at the quiz tonight, looking forward to it. Velvet, sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad; do pop in on the quiz if you can, it's fun. PP, playing doorman to the cat can try your patience sometimes, can't it? They don't have to pay the heating bill!! Shelley, does the coat fit Malaika or will you have to return it? Any word on Fifi and Sal?

Stay warm and dry!

Catsey Veteran

10-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #10

I haven't lost any collars, Eileen!!! This is the first that Kizzy has lost I think. Pip has lost about 6 in 6 months!!! The safety clasps, though safe pull apart perhaps a tad too easily.