Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
09-11-2010, 03:08 PM   #11

Re: Should we start Ark building Tuesday?

I do hope Sal's going to be ok Kazz.

Shocking weather here too, we've had to have the living room light on all day and it feels so cold even with the heating on, all that rain on the windows seems to suck the heat out of the house My sore throat from yesterday isn't any better but drinking ginger tea helps a bit, now OH has gone all sniffly as well!

It's just started raining again and the wind is howling in the chimney, brrrrr!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-11-2010, 03:35 PM   #12

Hope Sal's Ok Karen and the lumps are nothing of consequence. Angie, how are things down with you? Just seeing Emsworth flooded out on the news site . . . hope you're OK.

Nothing happening here. Work, and that's about it. Dominik has a 'Roman Day' at school. They have been learning about life in the Roman times all term and it is culminating in a day of dressing up, making mosaics, eating Roman-style food (NOT pizzas I told him ) and making little pots and trinkets. I did make him a rather smart Ceasar/Gladiator outfit to wear Busy week for him as tomorrow he's boarding for the night as he reallly wanted to go on the school evening outing to the Reading vs Cardiff footie match so we'll be packing his kit bag tonight

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
09-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #13

Angie just saw the news...I see what you mean about ark building. Hope all is good.

Mrs H Sorry you are feeling rough, this weather does not help its cold here too heating firmly on.

Yola boarding..........hope YOU will be okay. Is he a Reading supporter?

Just on hold here waiting to pick Sal up 5.10pm.........I nearly snapped the receptionists hand off when she offered me appointment times beforee she had moved to the next one I had 5.10 (first one) as vet needs to hand her back to me.

Angie I have an old oar from a blow up boat here you can use in your arc design.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
09-11-2010, 04:51 PM   #14

Thanks for asking! We are fine as we are elevated here. Downhill neighbour's garden is partly flooded, but that's probably from a pipe blocked with leaves. Otherwise there are large puddles in the road, but passable. Just hope that there is no more heavy rain tonight. It's definitely getting nippy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
09-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #15

Been for a very blowy walk along the river enbankment, my coat has a realy good hood on it thank goodness, need to dig out the winter hats.
Just ordered Malaika an equa fleece polo neck coat, she's counting the days untill it arrives.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-11-2010, 05:44 PM   #16

Wow, horrible weather you're having; hope it lets up very soon!! Glad no one has had serious damage.

Sunny and brisk here, very windy. 10 C (50 F), feels colder because of the wind. To the market and liquor store; long wait for the bus as they were running in packs again, bah! But at least I was waiting on the sunny side if the street!

Kazz, hope Sal is OK and the biopsy will be good. MrsH, sorry the throat is still bad. Never thought about salt spray, Velvet; give Amber a cuddle for me. Shelley, my Winter hat has been on for days! I am such a wimp about cold weather... Yola, that gladiator outfit sounds really cute, did you get a pic? Angie, good that you're on an elevation. What is it with golfers; I swear if the Last Trump blows when they're playing they'd ask Gabriel if they could finish the course.....!!! Men!!

Try to stay warm and dry, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
09-11-2010, 08:17 PM   #17

Hi, all.
43 degrees, overcast, and wet.
I ordered a new quilt for the ferret room (snowman design!) but I really need to find a good comforter for the bedroom this winter as it's much colder in there now with the carpet removed and our bedroom blankets are tattered and ready to be retired. Maybe K will drive me to Walmart so I can pick one out, we're due for some new bath towels as well.
Skipped the library yesterday but need to go today as some books are due. The rain has let up for now so I wonder if I should pop out while I have a chance..Forecast says 70% chance of rain all day..
Fireplace is on, socks and a sweatshirt too. On my second cup of coffee
Have a good day, all. Stay warm and dry..

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
09-11-2010, 09:36 PM   #18

Hi all,

we had the horrendous rain here yesterday - all day, and so windy... it chucked it down from seven a m til about 5 - I had 22 Avon deliveries to take out and was panicking I was going to get soaked, the goods would get soaked but thankfully it slowed to a bit of drizzle after that so I managed without ruining anything! Its not been so bad today, the rain held off until fourish but nowhere near as heavy as yesterday. The sun even came out for a couple of minuites this afternoon. Tomorrow s supposed to be the best day of the week here then its down hill all the way ....... Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
09-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #19

Kazz - this is his 2nd boarding session so I'm OK with it. He did one last month and I did end up phoning the matron to check he was settling (which he was) How's Sal??

Eileen - no pictures . . . didn't occur to me, sorry He did admit he thought his costume was one of the best though