Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #1

Monday again!

Hi, all! Late for a Daily. Sunny and a tad milder this morning, quite windy: 10 C (49 F). Another no-errand day so just a lazy lie-in and a few chores.

Leia found a mummified mouse she'd apparently stashed away somewhere and was playing with it ... amazing how small they are when all dried out! Yuk!

Yola, how is Fifi today?

Hope all are well, take care.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #2

Re: Monday again!

Hi Eileen! It started off very horrid here this morning - strong winds and lashing rain, but did perk up a bit mid-morning and we have had some sunshine.

Not very much going on here - the posh microchip cat flap gave up the ghost yesterday after we'd been locking it over the weekend so that Kizzy and Pip couldn't go out and get scared. When we tried to reset it to normal, it had a bit of a fit and gave up! That is one expensive bit of kit that I am fairly disgusted with. I've emailed Petplanet and will let you know if I get any response. OH had tinkered with it and seems now to have got it working, but it keeps doing odd things and either letting them in and not out, or out but not in. It's definitely got a complex! The upshot of that was that I had a bad night listening to Pip trying to get out! When I got up, they were both as good as gold and sat comfortably with me in the lounge. What do you think happened after I staggered back to bed????? Yes, you've got it, Pip started at the flap again. By then I know it wasn't Kizzy as she was curled up on my feet!

Wacked today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #3

Sorry you're having trouble with the cat-flap Angie, that's the trouble with sophisticated gadgets

We had rotten weather until early afternoon here, before that the rain was hammering down and wet leaves were blowing all over the place. I think one of the downpipes has got blocked with moss or something and the rainwater wasn't going down it as we had a flooded path by the garage this morning.

It was manicure day today, a naughty little luxury but it costs me less than my smoking habit of a few years ago. It's funny but now that I'm retired and appearance is less important than when I was working, I feel more inclined to spend time and money on myself, I put it down to not having to rush about all over the place and not feeling permanently exhausted by work!

I unfortunately seem to have caught the sore throat my daughter had last week, the glands in my neck are quite enlarged but drinking lots of hot tea is helping!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-11-2010, 07:27 PM   #4

Evening all! I'm late today because I had a funeral to attend at 1pm and then took Ceri over to his friends.

Good for you Mrs H, hope the manicure went well, it's lovely to treat yourself and keep yourself looking nice. I've had my acrylic extentions taken off my nail now, just for a rest, but love being able to have the luxury of nice nails. True that in retirement you tend to spend time on yourself more than when working- little things that mean a lot

Angie, that cat flap is a nuisance and a costly one too by the sound of it! Poor old Pip, getting all frustrated and poor you too, no sleep...

A mummified mouse -yeek- scary, Leia sure has some strange friends, Eileen Wonder where she stashed that away?

I'm concerned for Fifi too, hey Yola, let us know soon.

Off to Abergavenny tomorrow so will catch up with you in the evening again, I expect.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-11-2010, 07:53 PM   #5

evening all,
horrid wet weather here today, work and then a draggy dog walk, that girl doesn't like the rain at all.
Tom and Jerry just had some left over chicken for tea.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
08-11-2010, 09:11 PM   #6

Afternoon, all
Not much really happening today. Just a day at home. It was raining and windy last night and this morning the sun peeks out here and there and a bit of a breeze. They say it's due to rain any moment, I see the clouds but everything dry so far..
Some housework and the usual routine. May drop in to the library if all stays dry, there's a book waiting for me..
Been doing some online Christmas shopping.Considering visiting my parents for Thanksgiving but haven't decided yet if I'm up for the drive (we don't like to leave the animals alone overnight so we just make the trek there and back all in one day which adds up to be quite a bit).
Fairly quiet around here now as K only just went to bed (he stayed up all night thru morning watching Netflix) and the pups are snoring on the couch. Kitties were a bit wild after they had their breakfast and now they're sleeping it off.
Have a good day, everyone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-11-2010, 10:21 PM   #7

Evening all, work and then gym and home. The naked cupcakes have now been iced (what was left of them!! LOL)

Off to have a bath in a bit.

Have a good evening all xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-11-2010, 10:38 PM   #8

Evening. Just off to bed to finish off my Louis de Bernieres book (The War of Don Emannuel's Nether Parts) as I'm pooped after a busy day.

Fifi is OK . . . she's buzzed around a bit under our feet when we got back from work/school and drank some senior milk/ate some meat and chicken. She's on her towel now having what seems to be 'closed down' for the night - she's not right, not sure what I can do, maybe she'll never be right but she's a heck of a lot righter (?) than she was! Balie seems happier that she's sharing the kitchen with him - far less puking, but he still pee'd in his bed at some point during the day

Nice surprise today. The school cook from the boys' old school invited me to lunch! This is because I nominated her for a local award, and she won! http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/spe..._dinne r_lady We went to an awards lunch the other week and last Friday the BBC broadcast a local radio programme live from the school with Maggie Philbin. I did it to raise awareness of the most amazing little school (and to say thanks to Dawn). Dominik and I listened to it on iPlayer tonight; it brought a lump to both our throats - I think both the boys as well as I miss that school.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #9

Glad to hear Fifi is alright, Yola, enjoy your read.