Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
30-09-2008, 03:24 PM   #11

Re: 'Mating' behaviour

They may well Yola! They know I have cats but not as much about them as all you do! I know I'm on here a lot, but I find I don't work productively unless I have something to distract myself with every half hour or so. If I was tied to a computer with no internet access I'd probably get a lot less done in a day; strange I know

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #12

Me too!!! I tend to have Catsey open all day and just flick fowards and back in order to give myself a breather from the slog of writing; at the moment about removal companies!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

30-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #13

Creative writing in any capacity is intense! A lot of my marketing work is copy based, right now I'm trying to brainstorm ideas for content for our magazie, and in need of light relief! Catsey is perfect for that

Good luck with the removal company copy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #14

Off topic I know - but how do you two write about stuff that you may not find at all interesting????? I'm fine writing about stuff I like or know about, but I'm hopeless otherwise!

Almost a Veteran Member

30-09-2008, 04:26 PM   #15

Angie, yes and no. Some of the stuff I write does spark a curiosity, but it's not my passion. My passion would be English Literature; I could happily spend hours upon hours researching and writing an English Lit essay at Uni and not feel as though it were work, whereas the copy I write here, even though interesting, is somewhat of a chore.

I'm writing for a student audience, and of student events, which makes it a bit easier as I can relate - but I get so sick of using the same buzz words over and over! The market is saturated with companies similar to us putting on similar events with similar marketing literature.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
30-09-2008, 04:35 PM   #16

I know meep does it for her employer, but I just think about the invoice at the end of the job!!! Well, most of the time. If I'm interested in the subject I make a point of finding out about it and that research process is very interesting.

Almost a Veteran Member

30-09-2008, 04:36 PM   #17

I agree with Yola, I enjoy the research part. But sometimes it gets a bit monotonous, as I stay in the same sector. Yola, do you branch out to differnet subject areas?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-09-2008, 04:46 PM   #18

Yola, that was very interesting about Fifi backing up and juddering her tail....Misty used to do that; I had no idea it was a sexualized behavior! The things I've learned on Catsey....