Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-07-2008, 04:03 PM   #11

Re: bit of a biting/hissing problem?? doesnt she like me??

Have you seen any of the pics of Az's Bengal, Cheetah? Talk about brilliant eyes! Your girl sounds darling; more pics, please!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
04-08-2008, 12:56 PM   #12

Glad to hear she's settling in better!

To be honset, none of the cats I've had have been lap cats (maybe my lap isn't comfy?!) And in experience, with friends cats, they'll come and sit on your lap first; they really don't like being placed on a lap.

Ive had my two for 5 weeks now and whilst they were immediately very friendly and didn't hiss or scratch, they're still showing signs of getting more and more comfotable. They were always very happy from day 1 but didn't star purring without food around until week 2. Stravinsky didn't meow much at all up until a week ago and now he won't blinking be quiet! () And only recently has Darcy started doing that adorable thing cats do when they meow / purr and run at the same time, so they make a little "mr-mr-mr-mrrr" as they run (so cute!) As she's a kitten, she'll be a bit more unsure of herself too.

It may be that she's just not a lap cat, but my advice would be let her come to you in her own time. It sounds like she's a right wee character and I'm certain she'll settle in and be all purrs with you eventually, but she'll just take time.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #13

Out of 5 cats I have 2 who liked to be picked up, the others come for cuddles when they want to.....will sit beside me, but its on their terms.....