Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-11-2005, 09:35 PM   #21

Re: Phinda....(non cat)

Incidently Dawn...Phinda wasn't pick of the litter. Henry was the best pup in the litter closely followed by Baillie (girl) Baillie was the girl I considered keeping but I have decided to put Maddie to black (carrying choc) at some point in the future with a view to keeping a black girl...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
07-11-2005, 09:46 PM   #22

Aahh know those lines, I expect way back you will find the Bradking lines, the name of the kennel I worked for. Glosmere (Jan Gwinnett) is somebody I know well, she had Bradking stuff too.

Good idea using a black, the pigment and eye colour is good on your dogs, using a black will help it stay that way. Do you show?
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

07-11-2005, 09:53 PM   #23

Not at the minute Dawn. I am wanting to show Tikka as she is good example of the breed but I am having problems getting her coat right since she had her pups earlier this year The black girl I am hoping to keep from Maddie's future litter will hopefully be worked, maybe shown depending on how she turns out.

Here is Henry....

not brill photo but is what the new owners sent me

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: bengal
08-11-2005, 09:36 AM   #24

Aww so gorgeous..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1
08-11-2005, 10:30 AM   #25

He's nice too Fran. You will need a fair bit of working blood in those lines, most of the show types lack stamina and athletisism for the field. I do love to see a good Lab work. My friend works his and my Border Terriers do a good gundog act in the field too, so I get to see plenty doing what they were bred for, look forward to you bringing a bit of show blood into the field, will be brilliant. Good on ya!
Dawn.

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2005, 01:29 PM   #26

Yeah I know it will be a tough cookie Dawn but Maddie has a lot of Drakeshead in her blood on her mother's side and she has all the potential of making a good working dog just think we have left it a bit late with her at almost three years of age. Maddie looks more like a working strain lab than a show lab that's one of the reasons I think she wouldn't do that well being shown although she does have a lot of presence and a 'wow' factor that Tikka lacks... Maddie doesn't lack stamina, enthusiasm or athleticism by any means. Her brain is permanently switched on She will retrieve all day as long as you have the stamina she is constantly on the go and is extremely intelligent, I wish we had trained her up now. Actually, last year someone we know who trains gun dogs and goes shooting himself saw a potential in Maddie and offered to take her for a while with a view to assesing her potential and doing some preliminary training with her but we just didn't have the heart to let her leave us

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2005, 07:06 PM   #27

Phinda is going home this evening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #28

I know I have probably missed this but why did you have phinda back?

Catsey Veteran

08-11-2005, 08:54 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac
I know I have probably missed this but why did you have phinda back?
The new owners needed to nip down south for a couple of days and felt Phinda would be more settled here with me than at home with someone just coming in to him. He hasn't gone yet and is at present running riot playing with Maddie She is going to miss him when he has gone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
08-11-2005, 09:00 PM   #30

Oh that was nice of you Fran. I love to seee two dogs playing.