Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2015, 12:26 PM   #1

Tuesday

morning everyone.
I'm doing a few jobs at home then off for a dolly day with friends.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
13-01-2015, 03:22 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday

Hi shelley and those to follow

Hope you enjoy your dolly day sounds interesting.

I'm just at work then home. Nothing exciting. Hoping it snows again so we can take barney out and play in it!

I have also been approached by a work colleague who has recently got a cavalier spaniel and his girlfriend is wary of it. Wants me to chat to her because of the issues I had with barney and what we did to overcome it. If I can help then I will

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
13-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #3

Hi both, hope you had a good dolly day Shelley. I hope you can help your colleague Pamela- I'm wary of dogs but have found that getting to know them helps. I'm never keen on dogs that bark or jump up though. I sometimes think that owning a dog would help and there are some friends dogs I have got quite fond of but my problem is meeting strange dogs while out walking them- I'm just not confident to give out the right 'vibes' to control the situation.
I took Smudge for her regular diabetes check up this morning so am in trouble! The rest of the day was/is working as I'm delivering some training on Thursday and I've got an interview for some freelance work next week.
Odd weather here- torrential rain one minute, sunshine the next!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
13-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #4

Hope the girlfriend overcomes her problem. I used to have a terrible phobia of dogs even though we have always had them. I was terrified of stray dogs which meant sometimes I couldn't go out. Its not there now, no idea why.

Trying to snow here, very cold.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2015, 09:27 PM   #5

The dolly day was fantastic, thank you. I really enjoy getting together with like minded people, that way we don't bore others,lol.
Pamela, hope you can help with the dog situation. I must say that although i'm well used to dogs i would never just go up to someones dog and stroke it without checking.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-01-2015, 12:25 AM   #6

Evening all ....... glad you enjoyed your dolly day Shelley. I must admit to having had quite a time adjusting when we got Monty, I really am still a cat woman, rather than a dog woman, so I can appreciate your friend's feelings. My OH's family always had dogs so he's used to their ways. As a child I was scared of dogs, having been knocked down a steep set of concrete steps once as a toddler by two Great Danes. I found grooming Monty as a pup the way to bond - luckily he never nipped me!

Weather also sunshine and fierce squalls with some hail. Forecast isn't good unless of course you LIKE SNOW!!!

Hope all keep safe, dry and warm, especially our wee furry friends! Off to bed now.