Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
23-09-2009, 09:38 PM   #1

Purina One

Would it be OK to start feeding Dylan Purina One again?

We started him off it but when he became ill the vet said to take him off the food he was on and feed him plain food for now.

Now that his tummy's settled again, would it be OK to try him with a few pieces of purina one again?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #2

Re: Purina One

I'd ask the vet. Mine have aways loved Purina One Dry, although I don't feed much because of the cystitis problems. Leia loves it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
24-09-2009, 12:11 AM   #3

Its the food that i had a complaint with with the manifatures. I Took them all off it about a couple of months before we lost simon. They kept being sick with in minutes of eating it. They did check it out but it fell in there ranges. I also got £15 worth of vouchers. I just wished i had kept a sample so i could have had it tested my self. Its one food her that doesnt get mentioned .

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #4

Dylan's got to stay on the plain food until Saturday, the vet's going to see how Dylan does then.

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2009, 08:00 PM   #5

I have p'm you Rescuecat rule

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
I have p'm you Rescuecat rule
Just seen it thanks (I'm now all worried about Dylan being sick again, partly because of our conversation and partly because the vet wants to do an x ray if Dylan's sick again )

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #7

Please dont worry. Explain to the vet that somebody else might have had a problem with it as well. Sorry cant remember what dylan problem

Catsey Veteran

24-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kado
Please dont worry. Explain to the vet that somebody else might have had a problem with it as well. Sorry cant remember what dylan problem
Dylan's problem is on the health thread. Dylan was put on the hills food but he'll only eat it under protest, discovered quite by accident that Dylan likes purina one. Got him some royal canin as well but he doesn't like it (suddenly thought - maybe the royal canin or the purina one food had something to do with it, don't think it was the purina one though because Dylan was on it for a few weeks before he became ill)

He's a lot better now though and earlier on I gave Dylan a few pieces of hills and purina one, no sign of an upset tummy!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
14-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #9

mmmmm I gave Tommy Purina and he was sick..have to keep an eye on this.have been buying Royal Cannine since now seems ok..what I have been buying for him and next doors kitten likes as well is Royal Canine Main Coon dried they both love it..