Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Burmese cross Siamese
30-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #21

Re: Molly's overweight..help needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
You can get them here

Just be careful you don't shine the light into your cat's eyes
Thanks Mags, I've just ordered one - although with a postal strike due here next week I don't know when it will arrive!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
30-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumby Cat
Thanks Mags, I've just ordered one - although with a postal strike due here next week I don't know when it will arrive!
Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive!

Let us know how Solomon reacts with it....

Catsey Junior

30-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #23

Thanks - will do!

Catsey Junior

03-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #24

The laser light toy arrived yesterday in a large box via DHL!

BUT - how do you open it to insert the batteries??! Presumably the oblong-shaped panel on the base is intended to be pushed back, but try as I may I can't get it to move. I tend to be arthritic in my hands so can't exert too much pressure and I just don't know how to prise it open without damaging it. I e-mailed Zooplus this morning asking for their advice but so far they haven't replied.

It's most frustrating - any suggestions?

Global Moderator

03-09-2009, 06:18 PM   #25

Quote:
The laser light toy arrived yesterday in a large box via DHL!

BUT - how do you open it to insert the batteries??! Presumably the oblong-shaped panel on the base is intended to be pushed back, but try as I may I can't get it to move. I tend to be arthritic in my hands so can't exert too much pressure and I just don't know how to prise it open without damaging it. I e-mailed Zooplus this morning asking for their advice but so far they haven't replied.

It's most frustrating - any suggestions?
Is your laser light toy in the shape of a mouse?

Catsey Junior

03-09-2009, 06:25 PM   #26

Quote:
Is your laser light toy in the shape of a mouse?
Yes, Mags.

Global Moderator

03-09-2009, 06:32 PM   #27

Let's hope it is very similar to mine

Turn the mouse over with its rear end facing towards you....... mine has a small serrated finger grip on the oblong panel......... slide this panel TOWARDS your body and it should open easily.

I made the mistake of trying to slide it the opposite way when I first did it

Good luck!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
03-09-2009, 10:05 PM   #28

Hi there,
my Tess cat has always been a bit on the tubby side - my vet once said its no good trying to make a kate moss out of a dawn french! I find with females tho as they get older (and all mine are speyed) they have what I call undercarriage droop, saggy skin that hangs down. It tends to make them look fatter than they actually are. Felix was 5.25 kg and the vet said try to get him below 5 kg to be realistic but I don t think I have managed it as he is HUGE - tho again, an indoor cat. They do have a laser pen so thanks for the reminder, will find it out again. They love it! Jan x

Catsey Junior

04-09-2009, 04:52 PM   #29

Quote:
Let's hope it is very similar to mine

Turn the mouse over with its rear end facing towards you....... mine has a small serrated finger grip on the oblong panel......... slide this panel TOWARDS your body and it should open easily.

I made the mistake of trying to slide it the opposite way when I first did it

Good luck!
Mags, I've tried that but it just won't budge, it feels like it's been superglued! I'm beginning to think there's someting wrong with and I'll have to send it back which is a confounded nuisance. My only other option is to await the return of a husky male friend from holiday, see if he can shift it, but he's not due back for over two weeks!

Catsey Junior

10-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Mags, I've tried that but it just won't budge, it feels like it's been superglued! I'm beginning to think there's someting wrong with and I'll have to send it back which is a confounded nuisance. My only other option is to await the return of a husky male friend from holiday, see if he can shift it, but he's not due back for over two weeks!
The Kleeneze man arrived earlier this afternoon to deliver some stuff I'd ordered, so I asked him very sweetly if he would have a go at opening that light! With the aid of a screwdriver he managed it (I'd already tried that but to no avail), which was a gyreat relief, and for the past 10 minutes or so Sol has been shooting up and down the hall chasing the red light! He's now gone outside to sleep it off under a bush....

His fur where he was shaved prior to the biopsies is taking ages to grow, it's well over four months now. I'm beginning to wonder if it ever will get back to normal, it's not as if he were long-haired.