Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: some
05-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #11

Re: Wet or Dry?

Buster used to be on just dry food but he got cysitis and is now on wet s/d as it is not worth risking him getting a blocked bladder.
Tilly is fed wet and dry she is getting pouches moring and evening and sometimes I change the one of her meals for dry food. She is a very picky eater though and I am trying to feed her up a bit at the moment so she gewts little bit when she wants them as well.

Sally

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
07-01-2007, 06:53 PM   #12

Oli has dry food 24/7 and is given wet food at intervals during the day. I found that he got bored of wet kitten food very quickly, so he has adult meat and kitten biscuits (so he still gets lots of goodness! )

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: grey and black and white
07-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #13

Smokey would only eat wet!

Fluffy and Tom have wet in the morning and tea-time but have dry available 24/7 but normally they have a nibble of it for their supper!!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 1 Ginger & white, 1 black & white
08-01-2007, 11:49 AM   #14

My cats have a bowl of dried out 24/7 which they help themselves to. I feed them on wet food too, once in the morning and once at at dinner time. They are the fussiest cats ever (or have I made them fussy ) and will only eat Felix wet food. They are fed on a variety of dried foods, but mainly Pro Plan. They also like Purina One, Highlife, Go Cat, James Well Beloved, and Hills. They hate shops own brands , wont touch whiskers or brekkies dried. I feed them all different flavours, as like you say - who would want to eat the same thing day in day out I buy them poultry and fish flavoured foods.

My mum used to feed her male cat on dried food only and at the age of 3 he got very very ill. He was found to have kidney stones and repeatedly suffered from urine infections. The vet said this was due to being fed dried foods all the time. He is now on a prescription dried food, along with plenty of wet food!