Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-12-2006, 09:36 AM   #21

Re: Oli getting fat ...

My two cats get a quarter of a tin each in the morning and quarter of a tin at night so the two of them use one tin a day. They have dried food down but it is not eaten much. One of my cats is admittedly a small cat but the other is a bruiser!!!

Your cat is having twice as much as my two cats - could you try reducing the amounts each time - say instead of a whole pouch give him half? Once he has eaten that, could you not distract him when he miaows for more!!!

Just a suggestion!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
20-12-2006, 03:15 PM   #22

I think you should reduce his food amounts, but definitely gradually. Maybe give small amounts more frequently (if you're at home and able to do this?! or have an automatic feeder?!)
Just a suggestion

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: SHD x3 and LHD X1
20-12-2006, 03:22 PM   #23

So far he has only had one pouch and some dried biscuits today. He has been driving me crazy wih his meowing and jumping on the worktops, but I have told him it is for his own good! Poor thing probably thinks im starving him, but he can have another pouch when i get back from uni and then a third one before bed. That means that i will have cut out one pouch from his diet already. Woohoo!! (I hope i havent cut down his meals too quickly, but i think sooner is better than later!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-12-2006, 08:20 PM   #24

What about finding out more about bulking out the food with pasta or something to make him feel full. Personally I feel you would be better consulting your vet or some sort of animal dietician as people can really do some serious damage to animals by putting them on diets at home with out any real structure to them.