Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
14-08-2007, 11:47 AM   #21

Re: R. I. P

Maybe dog owners here should think whether they ought to use a restraint harness for their dog in the car? Ever since the possibility struck me that, through no fault of my own, some idiot might hit me, smash the car open and cause Dinah to run off into traffic in terror, I've used the harness.
Also, should you be unfortunate enough to be in a smash your dog will not be catapulted through to the front of the car and kill/injure you before going through the windscreen.
Not nice thoughts, but a very simple thing to do to help keep you all safe.
Sorry to be a real prophet of doom.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
14-08-2007, 12:36 PM   #22

Good point DM.
At work now, we strongly recomend that people who look after our dogs use some kind of restraint. Either a cage / harness / dog guard. Not only for the H&S of the dog, but also the family. If someone raninto the back of a car & a 70LB dog came hurtling forward, it would be bad news all round.

Whilst we are on the subject, it isn't safe to travel dogs in a passenger footwell in a car fitted with passenger airbags.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
14-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #23

When my two are travelling with just me or a pasenger the back seat is put down and both travel in the back in cages. Safe and sound if more than one person travels with me - meaning the back seat has to stay up then the girls travel on the back seat with harness on. As I normaly have luggage of some sort then too.

If just me and one of them travel then the harness is brought into action.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: N/A
17-08-2007, 08:19 PM   #24

I absolutly hate seeing animals dead in the road... its sooo sad. R.I.P babies.