Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #1

Early May Bank Holiday Monday

Is that what this day is called????? I've lost it!!!

Morning all - nice here just now, blue sky, chilly again but not as chilly as the last couple of mornings. Was very still but a breeze getting up now. Hope the less bright weather forecast stays away till this evening for everyone.

OH is out with the dogs ............ cats are lounging around, finding sunny patches and generally making the most of dog-free time.

Not sure what I'm doing today ........ I'm having a struggle with the lay out of a poem about rabbits

Have a good day peeps!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-05-2014, 10:49 AM   #2

Re: Early May Bank Holiday Monday

Morning Angie, it's lovely here too and I'm hoping I may persuade OH to come to one of the local NT gardens with me.....
Is it a poem what you wrote or a calligraphy exercise?
Hope the layout comes to you!
Have a good day all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
05-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #3

Morning folks, not too bad here. Washing again, seem to be washing for England recently. Have had to ditch the painkillers cos of upset tummy but back hurts a lot now. The words rock and hardplace come to mind. All cats had their treats and milkaccinos, all dogs had chicky chunks.

Nearly finished my friend's 11th birthday card, need to decide between a fairy and a poppy for my Mum. My oldest brother is probably on Rupert Bear in a car! Next oldest brother is on a dog themed card.

Is the poem Haiku, Angie. I remember doing them at school a thousand years ago! If I leave things and go back to them the answer usually comes to me, especially with crosswords! Hope you crack it. Enjoy the gardens CS, please take pics with your new camera so we can see.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-05-2014, 12:52 PM   #4

Good morning everyone.I'm just chilling out in the lounge with my youngest daughter, Janna, Damon Bird is flying around, while all 5 cats are lined up at the glass sliding doors watching. (a nightly ritual). It's the only time they are banned from the lounge, and they hate it, especially as they can see the bird flying free. Hope the layout of that poem comes to you Angieh. Cats' Staff, enjoy your time at the gardens.What fun you'll have with that new camera. Fecto's mum, your cards sound beautiful. Wish I had that talent. Do try and rest that back of yours. It must be very painful for you. Hope everyone has a lovely day doing what they enjoy,and that the weather remains sunny to please the fur babies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
05-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #5

afternoon all.
After a lovely beach walk, now relaxing in the caravan
We don't usualy come up for long weekends, preferring to wait for school holidays. However my parents have bought a caravan on the same site so we came up to see it and them.
Malaika and Kwame had a run on the sands as the tide was out, in fact we were on the beach nearly two hours, great fun.
Dinky your description of the bird flying free and the line of cats always makes me smile.
FM, so sorry to hear your back is still painful.
Angie, hope you manage the layout of the poem.
CS, did you get to the gardens ?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
05-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #6

Good afternoon all! I'm late coming here because I wanted to make the best of the good weather before the ran comes in.
I finally strimmed the grass after 2 days of attempts. A new strimmer has been bought as the old one packed up halfway through the operation on Saturday, the line had run out but the whole mechanism had seized up and I couldn't get the thing detached to thread new line in.

Yesterday we had our first BBQ of the year and watched local rugby team Pontypridd win the Welsh teams cup final- hurrah! Today has been washing and drying outside, sweeping up and putting the cleaner around etc.

Seems like we are all keeping busy on this 'holiday' Your rabbit poem is intriguing Angie, are you composing and then illustrating - what a talent!

Hope your tim is feeling better FM and enjoy your visits Shelley and Catsstaff, Dinky- Damon must be having a laugh at those cats glaring at him !

Have a nice day everyone, I'm going to have a quick shower now and put my pj's on as I have no intention of going anywhere today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-05-2014, 04:32 PM   #7

I can't take credit for the poem which is by an American poet, Elizabeth Coatsworth (1893-1986). It ties in nicely with a pub I used to frequent in the 70's called The Black Rabbit near Arundel and some rather nice postage stamps with a black rabbit on that I collected around 1990. So I'm trying to lay it all out with some calligraphy ....

The Rabbit’s Song Outside the Tavern

We, who play under the pines,
We, who dance in the snow
That shines blue in the light of the moon,
Sometimes halt as we go-
Stand with our ears erect,
Our noses testing the air,
To gaze at the golden world
Behind the windows there.

Suns they have in a cave,
Stars, each on a tall white stem,
And the thought of a fox or an owl
Seems never to trouble them.
They laugh and eat and are warm,
Their food is ready at hand,
While hungry out in the cold
We little rabbits stand.

But they never dance as we dance!
They haven't the speed nor the grace.
We scorn both the dog and the cat
Who lie by their fireplace.
We scorn them licking their paws
Their eyes on an upraised spoon-
We who dance hungry and wild
Under a winter's moon.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
05-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #8

Love the poem Angie. Envious of you watching the rugby PP. We missed our local team's derby. We got the dates mixed up. My OH played hooker for Llanelli for a season in the early 70's. He loved South Wales. He used to stay with his army rugby coach, Dai Davies, or Davies 99 as he was known. I like the banter on the touchline as much as the rugby, most of the witticisms are unrepeatable! Congrats to Pontypridd. Can't wait for the next World Cup.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-05-2014, 06:57 PM   #9

Afternoon all I thought I had already started a daily but seems not maybe I did not press the "post" button. Anyhow
Happy Bank Holiday everyone - had a busy day up at 6.30 out with Bella put washing in went for papers had breakfast (boiled egg and marmite toast) out into the garden and put down the path clear in the front.
Hung the washing out, put another load in, then loaded the car up with rubbish and by 8am sitting in the queue for the salvage to open. Got rid of the rubbish, back home hung that washing out, another load in then got Dad and Bella in the car and off we went to the farm shop stopped and had a quick walk by the horses all wearing head gear I imagine to stop fly bites. Brought a chicken, eggs and a cauli had a chat with a lady who had a rescue greyhound - not with her though, Bella got a fuss. Came home 3rd lot of washing on the line then cleaned the car inside (vacumed) then went onto the front garden and finished the weeding and planted out some French marigolds as edging and some geraniums in the other bed, took Bella out again and then moved into the back garden and sorted out some wall baskets. Came in the house
and rehung some pictures and moved others to new homes a change is as good as a rest LOL
Then did the ironing. Just had a lovely chicken dinner and now posting this.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-05-2014, 08:08 PM   #10

Blimey Kazz, I'm exhausted just reading that! We did get out to Anglesey Abbey- I've posted a few pictures in the travel thread below.