Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #1

Friday morning

Wow I'm an early bird today, yet I slept well last night, so feel fine.
Pandora has had a sniff of her food but wanted to go out so she's off, Pearla is currently digging her way through the Catsan to Australia, another little job for me later.

Yesterday went well, thank you for all your good wishes and I start next Tuesday afternoon! Yeah. I'm doing a bit of paperwork first and induction, H&S and all that. Then they want me till-trained, well that's ok, as long as they don't expect me to add up, my maths is terrible

It's dry and very mild here today, the greenery around me on the mountains has really burst forth, I love the colour green there are so many shades and I find it calming.

See you later x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
02-05-2014, 07:36 AM   #2

Re: Friday morning

Hi PoshPuss and all who follow. Friday evening here and I've just got home from work. That's great news about your job. Good for you Don't worry about your maths skills. The modern tills do it all for you..I love green too.......it's the colour of healing.I'm going to have a cooked chicken for tea......will have to share it with the kitties.......then going to snuggle under my heated throw and watch Coro Street. Have a great day everyone., and Fecto's mum, hope your back is feeling better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-05-2014, 07:40 AM   #3

morning ladies.
Congratulations Nette on your new job
How lovely to be able to see mountains, Green is a great colour as you say Dinky , very calming.
Another cup of tea then off to work for me.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
02-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #4

Well done and welcome back to the World of work PP.
The health and safety would be remember the till in "open all hours" programme.
Dinky sounds like a nice day all round, my Dad has a heated throw and loves it.
Shelley a safe journey to the van.

Have finished work now till Tuesday evening. Had a new fire delivered yesterday and it looks lovely moved the living room furniture around much better (well maybe not much better but different think we all need a change around every now and again. Off to bed now for a couple of hours.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #5

Morning all, well done on the interview PP, Kazz, I also thought of Ronnie Barker and the dreaded till!
Enjoy Coro Dinky and hope you have a good day at work Shelley. I'm off to London for a meeting about the freelance work- will bear in mind Yola's advice about dotting 'i's and crossing 't's.
Hopefully you won't need the fire for much longer Kazz but it is a bit cold and miserable today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #6

Morning all! A goodly showing this morning. Bit overcast and chilly here. OH is off for a golf lesson, my gardening man is here and I am awaiting delivery of ....... a radiator!

Good news about the job PP - and like others thought of Open All Hours and the snapping till, but don't worry I think modern ones (not that I'd know) are much less aggressive!!!

Btw, CS, belated "Well Done" getting your first freelance job - hope all goes well today.

Dinky, hope you and the cats enjoyed the chicken!

Shelley, safe journey to the 'van. Do you know, I'd totally missed the fact that it's a BH on Monday.

We went through the process of gilding at my calligraphy class yesterday but we ran out of time due to the time it takes for acrylic to dry, so haven't finished my gilding and need to get on and do that before other interruptions (like transcription and housework) stop me getting on with it. It won't actually take long but I find the process scary, especially as it's real gold leaf! Next week we will be doing the same process but on gesso. Only 2 more weeks until a very long break until the autumn, so I need to get some of my own ideas under way to get on with until then.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-05-2014, 12:48 PM   #7

Angie, I read that as gliding!! Perhaps coz I'm thinking of my silly friend who parachutes out of planes and landed badly and smashed a vertebra the other day ...

Anyways - dry and overcast here. I'm going to pop on a pair of trainers and go for a power walk through the village; too soggy to walk along the river path but pavements will do. Need to blow the cobwebs away.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-05-2014, 12:57 PM   #8

Yola - I won't be gliding any time soon. Very sorry about your friend though.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
02-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #9

Sounds like everyone is having a busy day. Well done PP, I think you will love it. I think the till will be a breeze and there's always someone there if you make a mistake. A friend of mine works 1 day in a charity shop and a man bought something and instead of giving the money to Dan, he put in the collection box! Anyway, the other staff sorted it out. Nothing like the Welsh mountains is there, God's own country. Even when they are brooding they can be peaceful. Always made me feel safe.

Power walks are a bit beyond me at the mo Yola. More sort of a little shuffle from one room to the next.

I'm sure the gilding will get easier with practice Angie. It must be quite daunting using real gold leaf, it's so delicate and expensive!

Well done on the freelance work CS, sounds very exciting.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
02-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #10

evening everyone. Just had a chinese take away for dinner since its friday!!

Had a sick cat last night at about midnight, poor wee skye was throwing up a few times so she was feeling sorry for herself and wanted cuddles for a while during the night until she settled. Better now though.

Posh, Barney is getting there with the crate training but we are going to refrain from leaving him in it for now as we have a trainer coming on the 14th so would rather follow their guidance.

Off till tuesday now so nice long weekend ;0 Looking at camping holidays for July when we are off.