Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #1

Thursday morning

Morning everyone. Its wet and miserable here today. Back in from our walk and we all got soaked. On the 11-7 shift today so not doing much else.

Hope you are all dry and warm where you are.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
01-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #2

Re: Thursday morning

Morning Pamela. Sorry you have all got wet on your walk, I expect my OH and dogs will be soggy on their return too as it's a dull wet day here too. Bit of a surprise after yesterday, which was lovely, sunny and warm.

I have a calligraphy class this afternoon and we will be learning about gilding, so I'm really looking forward to that.

Hope everyone has a good day, even if the weather is not playing ball. See ya later, alligators!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
01-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #3

Yes, we are having a soggy morning here too Pamela, and Angie. All set to take Ceri tot he cafe to meet his mate dave where they meet for a chat and a cuppa, then I'll pick him up from Dave's house later.

A bit of news for you, I've got a sort of interview at 12.00 for a volunteer post at the local Barnardos shop. I'm nervous because this is the first time I will have gone for a job in about 10 years; it's only an informal chat and a cup of tea but I'm sure Dawn will want to investigate my character etc. I must start doing other things than sitting around with Ceri, he can be safely left in the house alone for a couple of hours without getting too stressed these days. I need some interaction with other people, the gym is quite insular as is swimming, it will be good to meet people. Wish me luck.

Enjoy your class Angie, I wish I was artistic, it was never a gift of mine, I know what I like but can't seem to create anything my imagination comes up with. Hope your shift goes well Pamela. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
01-05-2014, 10:01 AM   #4

Angie enjoy calligraphy,
p.p good luck with your interview

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
01-05-2014, 10:16 AM   #5

Morning all I am awake only to put some deep heat on my knee and waiting for it to dry ho hum,
Sorry to all those with rain we appear to be dry at the moment.

Anyhow wanted to say
Best of luck with your class today Angie
Pamela how is the separation aniexty coming on with the boy?
P.P Best of luck with your interview am sure you will do well - good on you.

Night all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
01-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #6

PP, an excellent move. Such a good idea to get you out of the house and meeting other folk. Charity shops are great places for a chat as most people are not in any particular rush.

We have another leaver today (another trip to the pub ... ) and someone getting married at the weekend. Ooops - back down the pub . I won't be drinking though as eldest has a tennis lesson tonight which is my excuse to slope of to the gym for cardio and abs work.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
01-05-2014, 12:46 PM   #7

Soggy here too. About to get wet when we take the dogs out. Barnardo's is a brilliant idea PP. I did a stint as a volunteer for about a year. It was great. The women were lovely and I got first dibs on loads of stuff. My younger brothers and step dad were kept supplies with work shirts, gilets and work coats and I had a fab wardrobe at fab prices. I was very shy and it did me loads of good. They didn't even mind that I was the only one who didn't speak Welsh. They taught me enough to get by when we had a stall at the Eisteddfod when it was in Aberystwyth. I'm sure you will love it.

Learning gilding sounds fascinating Angie. I've always loved illuminated letters, they are so beautiful and involve so much work. What a lovely hobby.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
01-05-2014, 07:22 PM   #8

evening all.
Hope your interview went well Nette.
I've been to work this morning, home to walk the dogs. Ran Chris to his friends, bobbed into the auction to pick up the results of my successful bid, a vintage pottery black cat, bobbed into tesco and bought myself a new electric toothbrush that was reduced to half price.
Back off to the caravan tomorrow evening just for a few days this time but better than nothing.