Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-04-2014, 07:50 AM   #1

Monday morning

Hi all!
Woke up to good news that Bert has been found. My friends b&w puss went missing Saturday. I had a feeling that he was still in the vicinity and was going to search for him this afternoon when Helene went to work but she texted me last night to say he'd been found. He'd got into an old lady's bedroom when someone brought her washing in for her. Being disabled she hadn't gone upstairs but somehow must have gone there and found Bert on her pile of washing, he's been there since Saturday lunchtime. Helene got him just before midnight last night- he must have been crying and was heard. Phew!

Just shopping today and more washing to do. There's always washing

We had a lovely lunch yesterday for OH's birthday and then home for birthday cake and tea for 11 of the family - cake and candles and a lovely balloon which Pearla had fun with

Hope you're feeling better Yola and FM, not a sunny day here but at least it's dry at the moment. See you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-04-2014, 11:11 AM   #2

Re: Monday morning

Morning PP - what good news about Bert, bet your friend is soooooo relieved.

Overcast today and I'm being a washer-woman too, but the tumble dryer will be on overtime, much too iffy to risk outside and it feels so damp I doubt it would do any good anyway. Bedding first and then moving on to clothes, towels last just in case it brightens up tomorrow! Atm, our bed is stripped and the duvet and pillows piled up under the pet fleece and guess who's got in under it all? Well, one is a pretty little torbie and the other is g&w - they can't wait for the bed to be remade

Hope poorly folk are feeling a bit better today?

Have a good day whatever you're up to!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
28-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #3

Morning PP and Angie and all to follow. Fed up with back now. OH says it's cos as soon as I feel a bit better I start 'doing things'. This, in turn, makes me feel worse later. Just going to have to be very, very lazy and not do anything then it will heal quicker. I've put the ironing out of sight!! Very pleased to hear Bert has been found. I've only ever had a cat go missing once, I never did find her. I think a fox must have had her.

I changed the bed the other day and Barnaby and Swirl 'helped'. They like to chase the 'things in the bed'! Trying to put a king size duvet cover on being 'helped' by 2 cats is not easy.

Not too bad a day here, may do some washing, don't know where it all comes from, there's only 2 of us. Like you, Angie, don't have children. Thank God for automatic washers!!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
28-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #4

Good morning all. It's Monday evening here and absolutely pouring down with risk of flooding yet again. PoshPuss, so glad Bert has been found safe and well. Sounds if your OH had a wonderful birthday. Angieh, good luck getting through all your washing. Fecto's Mum, sorry to hear that your back is still bad.You just have a nice quiet day with a good book and rest that back and hopefully it will improve a bit. Hope my special boy, Barnaby ,enjoyed his stint on your bed. Enjoy your Monday everyone and hope the weather is kind to you. I'm off to bed now with two hotties- it's freezing.!!!!!