Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-04-2014, 07:45 AM   #1

Early Sunday

Morning folks. Up with the larks this morning, not by choice I may add. Not slept much, back is very painful and Fecto very insistent on not letting his Mum go to sleep!
Did some moving of cat litter bags and cleaning place where I store all the cat food and rearranging it all. BIG mistake, felt OK at the time, paying for it now.

Going back to bed in a mo', see if I can get a couple of hours in. All kitties been out and come back in, all dogs walked. We have had breakfast. Just flicked through channels and found Freesport which is supposed to be freestyly skiing. It is actually falling down a mountain stood on 2 sticks!! Not so much as not for the fainthearted as for the completely bonkers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-04-2014, 08:57 AM   #2

Re: Early Sunday

Morning been up a while been out with Bella, had bacon toast and coffee and now just thinking - okay I am time wasting.

Finish emulsioning the inside of the porch today so got to get the ladders out. Changing the living room around too and have just ordered a new fireplace our fire is on the blink (electric) and now no light for show which is what we have it for actually.
Decided to have a complete change moving furniture and going to have a radiator moved as well. Ah well we will see.
Brought a new phone yesterday http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webst...t/910000883018 its great, good solid phone and the ring is old fashioned.

Taking the living room curtains down and putting the Spring/summer ones up. Wishful thinking or hopeful I will go with hopeful. Changing the nets too I think. Chap coming in the week for a quote for radiator moving thinking I will go with a vertical radiator due to space. We will see.

Also got to replace the kitchen wall cupboard side where the door had come loose over time and heavy handed opening, (not me)

So that's my day have a party this week too well a meal for a good friend of mine its a surprise birthday meal organised by her daughter all her friends she is not aware at all so should be good. Hoping our friend Chris who is being treated for throat cancer can some if she is feeling a bit better.Got to get over to my Aunts to and fir her a new curtain rail sadly she cannot measure it and I do not know the size to have to go measure get out and buy then fit.

Anyhow that's me Fectos Mom hope you made it back to bed. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
27-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #3

Hope you feel better soon Fectosmum, a bad back is no fun because there's just no way of getting a position to relieve it, I feel for you
Sounds like you'll be busy today Kazz. That's a very smart phone, love the retro look, as you say, it's solid and does what it was made to do. There's nothing more satisfying that holding a proper phone handle I feel that long conversations are better on those.

Ceri is 67 today, he's had a few cards already and there's more to come at lunchtime as we are eating out in a local pub; just family, parents and kids. Not looking good on the weather front, big clouds gathering as I write.

Cats got me up early today too, it must be something in the air. My friend's cat has been missing since yesterday morning, he's 10 months old and it's not like him at all. I have told her to check sheds and garages etc in the neighbourhood and she will be posting leaflets soon. Hope Bert is ok will let you know as soon as I know anything.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
27-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #4

Morning FM, Kazz and PP - hope your day progresses well; that you manage to get some shut-eye FM, without cats walking up and down your poor back; all your home improvements Kazz, like the optimism, summer curtains and hope Ceri enjoys his birthday lunch PP. Very sorry to hear about your friend's little Bert, fingers well and truly crossed here for him.

Miserable weather here, heavy downpours, otherwise heavy cloud and occasional flash of something brighter. OH will be taking Monty and Dora to agility today ..... no message on his mobile yet to say it's cancelled. Taking towels for himself, towels for the dogs and drying coats and a hanky to dry his specs!

Steak and ale pie with mash, cauliflower, broccoli and gravy for supper which will warm the inner self.

Hope to see folk for a quiz this evening

Like the phone btw Kazz - I'd want to say "Whitehall 1212" when answering it!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
27-04-2014, 12:59 PM   #5

Just had a look at the phone, Kazz. It's brilliant! That's a 'Scotland Yard' phone if ever I saw one. Although we have a connection for the internet we don't have a landline phone. Sorry to be a copycat but I may just get that one. I don't know how I find out what what our number is though!! I will have to get hold of BT I think. Poor Bert, I hope he is found soon, it's awful when cats go missing. Perhaps he's just got disorientated. Happy birthday to Ceri, have a lovely meal. All your home improvements are inspiring me Kazz. As soon as I can move normally again I will have to restart mine. Got Sarah Beeny's DIY tips yesterday, they are brilliant for a complete novice like me. OH is quite good at some DIY but mostly stuff outside. Anybody got a new back up for grabs, getting fed up of this one now!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-04-2014, 01:37 PM   #6

afternoon all.
Beautiful sunny day so off out into the garden to tackle the weeds. Just finished the quiz questions, hope we get enough players to go ahead.
Hope Bert turns up soon
Happy birthday Ceri
Hope your sore back is better soon FM
Angie, your evening meal sounds nice
Karen you sound busy

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-04-2014, 04:36 PM   #7

A quick hello from me. Taken boys for swimming lesson and to rugby. Did a dinner shop for salmon steaks with various green bits and baby roasties.

Cats are sleeping/on food bowl duty and the sun is momentarily shining between the heavy squalls and I've been playing scrabble and kerplunk all afternoon with the boys.

I'm feeling a bit meh. I won't bore you with the boring details

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
27-04-2014, 08:31 PM   #8

sorry to hear you are feeling a bit meh, Yola, hope your feeling better soon.
Very nice day for me, took the dogs a walk by the river then sorted,out the back garden, it looks nice. Howard has fixed our garden swing so we even managed a couple of hours reading outside.