Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
25-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #1

Friday morning

Good morning everyone

Not long in for work and been out with Bells and had boiled egg and marmite toast (I have a little gadget called an EGG PERFECT timer) and it is fantastic
Just browsing a little before a sleep, got a bit of shopping to do later and sadly have had news my next door neighbour Roy passed away early hours of Thursday he was a nice man and he will be missed. He had been ill for over a year now he was diagnosed with bowel cancer this time last year.

Anyhow there are reports of possible thunder today hope not for Bella's sake but something I cannot control. Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
25-04-2014, 10:22 AM   #2

Re: Friday morning

Have a good sleep Kazz. Off to a meeting now, OH taking dogs for a big walk. Must get some new scratch trays for the chaps, TBF especially likes them. Swirl has taken to sleeping wrapped in the curtains, I now have curtains with a lovely fur covering, thanks Swirl.
Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-04-2014, 10:53 AM   #3

Morning both- it's very wet and windy here now. I've had a stinking cold for my first week of self employment, hope that isn't a sign of things to come!
I have many, many furry curtains Fecto's Mum- we have a floor length one on the front door which is very furry, as are the two floor length ones n the living room! The shorter ones at windows get furry edges as they brush through them.
Sorry to heat about you neighbour Kazz and fingers crossed you don't get thunder today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
25-04-2014, 11:23 AM   #4

Morning all - nasty and wet here too. Fingers crossed no thunder. We were going to go up to Butser Hill this morning to give the dogs a run and then on to the pub but we will wait and see what weather tomorrow brings. Dogs have been out and will be going in their crates for a while soon as we've decided to pop over to our local pub (just over the road) for a cheering brew and perhaps something to eat. It's our 30th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow and so we are celebrating!

Kizzy is a sensible girl and is snuggled up under the pet fleece on our bed; Pip is mad and has gone out!!!

Sorry to hear about your neighbour Kazz; sorry to hear about your cold CS and sorry to hear about your furry curtains FM ..... it's worse when the little darlings are moulting, especially your long-furred angels!

Have a great day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
25-04-2014, 11:35 AM   #5

Happy Anniversary for tomorrow Angie!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
25-04-2014, 11:51 AM   #6

Good morning everyone. It's evening here and the weather has been lovely for Anzac Day parades throughout the country.As it was a public holiday , I spent the day vacuuming white fur off the bedroom carpet and trying to dry out the lounge carpet. Kazz, sorry to hear about Roy. I'm sure he will be sadly missed. Let's hope you don't get the dreaded thunder. Fecto's mum, yes I am an expert on fur problems. I go to work covered in long white fur. People at the bus stop comment on it, and washing the garments doesn't help. Unfortunately I love wearing black - not good when you have white cats. Give Swirl a cuddle from me. .Cats'staff,hope you are feeling a bit better and your cold improves. Colds can really make you miserable. Angieh, many congratulations on your wedding anniversary. I do hope you have a wonderful day tomorrow .Off to bed now. Enjoy your day everyone and stay warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-04-2014, 03:11 PM   #7

Afternoon all! It's stayed mainly dry today just the odd short light shower, not that I've been anywhere, Ceri still suffering although I got him out of bed today. He's very sniffly and sorry for himself but has eaten today and drunk plenty.

My cats are definitely in a silly mood today, maybe it's the thunder that's about. Hope your Bella wasn't stressed out Kazz.
Have you go the lurgy as well cats-staff? Get well soon, honey and whiskey cure is recommended
Happy anniversary Angie, hope your OH surprises you
No furry curtains here, FM just broken blinds- the little bead strings that join up the vertical material are in bits; the blinds still function though, but it looks untidy.
Remembering the sacrifices of the brave ANZACs today Dinky, next year will be the centenary of Gallipoli, that will be special.

Off to rustle up a spaghetti bolognaise for tea, I'm starving today, hope I'm not going to go in for a cold too!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #8

Afternoon - it's tipping down with rain here, has been most of today. Boys at school, I'm at work but will be heading off shortly to pick them up.

Butser Hill Angie? Is that near Butser Ancient Farm? I think the school do an educational trip there IIRC. Happy anniversary BTW.

Hope all the poorlies are feeling a bit better for the weekend

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
25-04-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

evening all.
Been to work this morning, then home to walk the dogs and get CS, if you have a cold i recomend you don't go to work,
Congratulations mr and mrs Angie on your anniversary.