Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-04-2014, 10:31 AM   #1

St George's Day - Wednesday

Morning all ....... brightish here atm. I've been to the surgery for my spirometry test. Not such good news as Kazz's dad, although I did tell the nurse about Manuka honey and yes, I have ordered some, so next year who knows, I may shine too!

OH had to cope with frozen dog food delivery while I was out but he managed that OK. Dogs only got a quick walk first thing and will be going out again after coffee. I might have gone myself but have got another load of transcription work to do, so may not go now.

Fecto's Mum - thanks for the article, which has arrived this morning. Not read it all yet, but will read later today. Thanks for sending it and the lovely card, very kind of you. I hope your back is feeling a bit easier today?

Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-04-2014, 12:13 PM   #2

Re: St George's Day - Wednesday

Morning Angie, glad you got the article. Hope it's useful. Sorry about your spirometry results, hope it's not too bad news. Had to be levered out of bed this morning, not very graceful! Paracetamolled up to the eyeballs but it's not making much difference. Isn't it funny that when youaren't able to do things, like hoover and do the ironing, you really want to do them! I don't mind a bit of idleness but when it's enforced it drives me mad!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-04-2014, 03:12 PM   #3

Fecto's Mum I feel for you I have found osteopaths have worked wonders in the past - both for my back and a knee injury last year. I hope you can get some relief but I certainly found all the painkillers and rub-in remedies were completely useless when it came to deep muscle pain.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-04-2014, 04:14 PM   #4

Hi there, good afternoon! It's brightened up here after a miserable morning. Sorry you are all feeling a bit poorly, hope the manuka does the job Angie. The pains you describe, FM and Yola, sound thoroughly exhausting, hope you get some relief from that. I'm feeling slightly off colour too, my throat is croaky and last night I had a muzzy headache. Goodness me, we are all old crocks aren't we?

I've been fiddling around changing small light bulbs in the bathroom, weird things, the set into the ceiling type- why is it that men screw things in so tight?? I was working on a step ladder because I'm so short and my arms are aching now.

Oh well, I complain but nobody does anything around here, just have to get on with it !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-04-2014, 06:21 PM   #5

Morning all. (it is to me)

Not much happened here I have been to bed and now up and off to work shortly.

Another one feeling a bit under the weather here my knee is absolute agony. I may have to return to the Doctors.

Anyhow
Angie good to see you and glad to hear you are gainfully employed, keeping you out of mischief
I am not sure what my Dad has done so differently to be honest but I would not worry to much if your test has changed its how you feel day to day that counts.
Fecto's mom sorry to hear you are a bit under the weather. I think its the stubborness in all of us, the grass is always greener. The word can't does not seem to sit well with the human race. Hope you are a bit better tomorrow. Just a suggestion have you tried the stick on pain relief patches I found they seem to localise the pain relief a bit more. Not saying they actually worked better bit maybe a bit "of mind magic pain relief"

Yola
I may try a osteopath as my knee pain is getting almost unbearable in my life not the pain as much as the uncertain support my knee offers. Have a good day.
P.P I agree but think men over tighten because they can. Hope you feel a bit better, maybe the fuzzy head etc is a sign of getting back to reality.
Have a good evening all.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #6

Forgot about painkilling patches, thanks Kazz for reminding me. Will try them. Used to go to a McTimoney Chiropractor, she was very good. Made my spine feel like jelly afterwards. Had all my cats on the bed this morning. I think they were just checking I could still open a tin!!