Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-04-2014, 09:31 AM   #1

Tuesday - tipping down

Oh well, back to normal weather, it's wet and soggy out there. I've just returned from the vet's with Pandora after her yearly booster. Couldn't park very close to the surgery because of roadworks so had to carry her and manage a handbag and umbrella, oh I hate the rain!

Shopping later and pick up fuel, then call and see my sister in law, she was made redundant just before Easter. Such a shame, she has worked all her life and loved her job as a peripatetic teacher but local government cutbacks swung the axe and her post went. Crazy when you think that they want literacy standards raised and they cancel the service that helps!

Hope all of you are well and that our four legged friends are fit and healthy see you later x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-04-2014, 10:20 AM   #2

Re: Tuesday - tipping down

Morning PP - sorry you and Pandy got wet, sad your vet not having parking outside, that must be hard for loads of folk and poorly pets. Also sorry about your SIL, it's very hard, is she looking for another job?

It's overcast here, we had a lot of rain overnight but it's not raining atm. OH has gone to play golf and has taken his wet weather gear and umbrella. I am dog sitting and have transcription work to do today.

Just going to go and get a hot drink and then will make a start. Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
22-04-2014, 10:38 AM   #3

Sorry to hear about your SIL, Nette - is she able to tutor? There is an explosion in need for private tutors at the moment so if she's got the quals and the checks that might be an option for her.

Here it is grey but not yet raining. I suspect it's not far off though. I have a return-favour playdate so have 2 x 7 year olds and and 10 year old to entertain as it's the last day of the Easter hols. Off to the local renovated Victorian park which has a fabulous lion statue memorial to the Afghan/British war and then to Reading Museum to see the WW1 exhibition and try to shoe-horn some culture into the iPad generation

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-04-2014, 11:44 AM   #4

Good morning everyone.Tuesday evening here, and a wet cold night it is too.I've been at home this morning looking after my grandchildren while my eldest daughter went to a funeral.Work this afternoon and this evening. PoshPuss,sorry to hear that Pandora and you got wet . Your sister-in-law must be upset about her job. I'm sure she'll find another easily. Angieh, hope you get through all your transcription work. Yola, your WW1 exhibition sounds fascinating.Enjoy it. Have a great day everyone. Hope the weather improves for you. I'm off to bed now.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
22-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #5

Good day to all. Raining here too. Hope your SIL finds another job she likes. Private tutoring sounds like a good plan. A friend of mine tutors English and gets lots of work. Our vet has a car park but it's away from the surgery so I sympathise PP. Good luck with ipad generation Yola, you never know, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Feeling very sore today. Pulled a muscle in my back and it hurts like hell. Painkillers and gel are having no effect. OH had to put my socks on! Hoovering and ironing will have to wait today, only just managed to lever myself out of bed! Must keep moving though or I will seize altogether. Back not very clever at the best of times, too much sheep shearing and lugging big mule ewes about. Spent years going to a chiropractor but she got it as good as going to get. Oh well, keep trundling on!