Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #1

Last Thursday

Well the last one at English Heritage for me! Just off for my last day with mixed feelings. I've worked with some great people and I'll miss them and I will miss the amazing places I've worked at but the management are making some odd decisions and I won't miss their nonsense! Being made refundant is not a nice feeling but it may just have given me the push I needed. Self employment here I come!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-04-2014, 09:39 AM   #2

Re: Last Thursday

Morning CS - my thoughts are with you on your last day. You will build new networks, I am sure. Hope you have some nice ale at home for when you get home this evening.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #3

All the best with your new plans CS. Redundancy IS horrid but sometimes it's the shove we need to go out and get on with things for ourselves.

What do you plan to be self-employed at?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-04-2014, 03:51 PM   #4

afternoon all, well i guess your last day at EH is nearly over CS, good luck with your new venture.
Breezy dry day here with the odd shower.
Took the dogs to the beach this morning and then went to Stranraer to look around the shops.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-04-2014, 05:18 PM   #5

Thanks all, it's done now and I'm home with husband and cats. A few beers may be had later.
Yola I work in archaeological and heritage education so I'm going freelance with that. I don't think I can post links but my business is called Handling the Past and the website is that (with no spaces) .co.uk if you are interested.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
17-04-2014, 11:28 PM   #6

Well cats' staff, when one door closes, another will open.Your work sounds really interesting. Enjoy your time at home with your OH and your cats and look forward to beginning your freelance work. Hope you enjoyed your beers. Far too cold and wet here at the moment to have cold drinks but I'm off to have a hot carob drink.