Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #1

thursday

Morning everyone,
as you can see from my other threads i was watching tv last night,lol.
I did manage to also write the article about my friends doll fair and start a new book.
We also took the dogs on the beach for an off lead run, always an adrenaline rush. Hopefuly i will post some pictures later.
Raining here at the moment but if it follows the pattern it will brighten up later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #2

Re: thursday

Hi Shelley- I hope it brightens up for you- it's a lovely spring day here. I'm waiting at the garage as they offered a free visual check for the car and I'm aware that the tyres are getting a little low.
One week to go at work- I've really nothing to do now that the financial year has ended!
Hope everyone's well

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-04-2014, 10:41 AM   #3

Morning Shelley and cats' staff. Nice day here too, but cloudier than yesterday. Rather chilly atm but hopefully will warm up.

Shelley, I'm looking forward to the photos. My OH posted a vid yesterday of Dora having zoomies in the barley, so I'll get the link and post it here (youtube).

And here it is: http://youtu.be/0t-jquBKMUg

Both Dora and Monty seem very interested in eating the new shoots and it's not as if they don't have their daily veg and fruit. Seems its common at this time of the year - are your two the same?

cats' staff - I bet you have very mixed feelings about leaving. I don't know how long you've worked for EH or if you have loads of friends you'll miss, but I've been there (although it was my choice) and so my thoughts are with you. It will be GREAT to be your own boss!

OH is just about off to play golf and so I'll be dog sitting today and I'm just off to make a coffee. Start right!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-04-2014, 10:50 AM   #4

Thanks Angie- 11 years! I met with the last few team members yesterday and that was sad. I'm sure in the long run it will be fine but it is all a bit sad at the moment.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
10-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #5

Good morning everyone.Wasn't able to go in to work today as Willow cut her leg badly on the back fence.(trying to get to the poodle on the other side) Had to take her to the vet for stitches, which is a nightmare as the dog HATES the vet and has to be muzzled then sedated in the car in order to get her through the door! She's miserable tonight but ate her tea quite happily.Tried out Addiction dog food - dehydrated raw food and grain free- and she loved it. Shelley, sounds as if you and the dogs are having a wonderful time despite the rain .Cats'staff, wow, 11 years is a long time to be in one job.I can see that you will be a little sad.Enjoy your coffee and dog sitting angieh.Hope it warms up a little for you. Well I'm off to bed with my poor miserable looking dog and any cat that wants to join me. Have a great Thursday .

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2014, 11:49 AM   #6

Dinky, sorry to hear about Willows leg, hope she's feeling better soon.
Angie, did you mean your two like to eat the shoots of Barley ? Our two are keen on grass at the moment.
CS, hope your car is ok, we are getting through tyres at the moment, think it's all the pot holes in the road causing uneven wear.
Still raining

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #7

Well, the barley is just a variety of grass Shelley - have a look at the video

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
10-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #8

Morning peeps, well just afternoon actually. Thanks for the tyres reminder, I need to put some air in mine. Fab video Angie. Dora looks like she's having a great time. Our dogs aren't that fussed about eating grass although Fagin is partial to a bulrush root. There's a big pond near us that he likes to go diving into then he pulls up a bulrush and eats the root. Must be something in them he needs.

Turning out to be a nice day here, still having tackled the North Face of the ironing so that's the plan for today. Probably go shopping, yuk, hate it. Fecto has stuck his head through the banister now so that means he wants milkaccino. Sorry to hear about Willow, Dinky. Hope she gets better soon, poor thing. Must be horrible to be frightened of something that will make you better, bit like dentists!

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #9

Angie, a great video, aren't they having fun.
We have miserable farmers around where we live.
There is a field, un gated with just grass in, we have walked the dogs in it for years, thinking it to belong to the council like the recreational ground next door. They used to love running in the long grass and we only walked around the edge.
Last year we were told to keep out as it belonged to a farmer and was a fodder field.

Catsey Veteran

10-04-2014, 08:52 PM   #10

Sorry to hear about Willow's leg, dinky. I hope that she feels a lot better tomorrow. (Is it tomorrow already in NZ?)

11 years is a long time, CS. I am still in contact with several of my ex-colleagues, many that I knew for less than that and some longer. My last job I loved and I find that does ease the sadness.

Sorry to hear you have a miserable farmer Shelley. The field OH takes the dogs to has a public footpath running right through it and so far, there have been no complaints.