Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
11-03-2010, 05:02 AM   #1

Tinky Winky one year on.....

It hardly seems possible that its been one year since my beautiful soul cat Tinky Winky went to the bridge...

Things around here aren't the same and he is very much missed...but George finally seems to have moved on... he is back to being a friendly boy ...demanding tummy rubs and sleeping in his favourite spots around the house...but initially he was VERY stressed as Tinky's absence... more so that i would have ever believed..so much so that our vet prescribed him a course of anti depressants which helped a lot.
Of course we also now have HRH Princess Harry...also affectionately sometimes called "Dyson" given her propensity to suck up food at a lighting rate! She has gone a long way to lifting me out of the emotional mess that i found myself in after Tinky died...I still miss him everyday.... as not a day goes past when everyday occurrences force the memory of his personality/antics/habits into my conscious thought.. and sometimes its too much to bear and I have to go and have a few private moments... even as I write this now.. i am in tears...
I still haven't got over the guilt that i felt at the way he passed... yesterday when i was on my way to volunteer at an exhibition that Blue Ribbon was at... i had to drive past the hospital where he was..I haven't driven near it since this day last year when i went to collect him... its been too hard...with all that happened in the lead up to him being admitted and his subsequent surgery..

Its not all doom and gloom though...i can and do think of him and smile...but it has taken me a while to get to that point... and it is an ongoing process...

So one year on... its still very raw at times...but it is a little easier...
here are a couple of photos of my boy... the first one is pre digital and was taken when he was a couple of years old... he loved to get in the clothes dryer if i wasn't quick enough to close the door...

and this one was him peeking out from the top of the star landing to see who as downstairs...

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
11-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #2

Re: Tinky Winky one year on.....

He's a lovely boy, not surprised you miss him. I'ts been 4 days since I lost Tabitha. I've just woken now in tears. Its so hard not seeing her there when I wake and starting our day together. I will never stop missing her. Hope her and Tinky Winky are together at the bridge x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
11-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #3

Oh Jo. I remember the panic, shock and sadness so well when you arrived here confused about what to do about Tinky.

Was it really a year ago . . . time has flown. I'm glad the pain has faded a little and that you can think of Tinky Winky now with a smile.

Hugs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
11-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #4

All our furry friends are just so special, but some have the fairy dust too. I can't believe it's been a year, Jo. It's nearly a year to Merlin's passing too.

I'm sorry that you still get patches of such sadness - I wonder if there is anything practical that you could do that you haven't tried already to ease your pain? I did a collection of tributes from my Catsey friends to my Merlin and although I had to do it in small bits and got choked up several times, I found it really quite comforting and cathartic. It isn't finished yet, as I mean to add a collection of photos aswell and memories of him.

I hope that you can move on a bit like your George. ((((HUGS))))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #5

It does not seem possible it's been that long. He was such a wonderful cat with such a big personality. I think I can say that we all grieved with you when he passed; he was well loved and will always be missed. (((hugs))), Jo.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
12-03-2010, 04:32 AM   #6

thanks guys...its been a hard few days....but its good to have a place to post a tribute where people understand...because to a lot of people...our babies are "only a cat"

Cats owned: Ragdoll
16-03-2010, 03:53 AM   #7

Oh your Tinky Winky is so cute, I love the shape of the bridge of his nose-he looks regal and cute at the same time. I understand why you miss him-he seemed to be full of fun.
It's been a week since i lost my Roxanne. I'm glad to hear your other kitty is doing better after losing his pal. It's so hard.