Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: DSH
04-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #1

Still Missing Casper

It was not such a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,first I was taking care of a stray who I called Goober,he was not doing well at all,I tried for 2 days to nurse him back to health and the next day was going to take him to the vet,But On Dec 6th, he passed away in my back hall,I cried for hours,hoping that he forgave me,I had not intended him to go like that.,and then Dec 15 th I had to have one of my own,Casper.. put to sleep,two losses in such a short time,I was so numb.
Casper had an inflamed Pancrease,and although treatable,the outlook was not good for him..what was worse,and I still feel guilty,is I was unable to be there with him when he was put down,That cat was so special to me,he would sleep by my side every night,I miss his purring in my ear,the softness of his white fur..I cry often..I really miss him,I never really got to say goodbye...the day I put him in the carrier and have my friend take him to the vet,I had to go back to work...I said to Casper" I will see you later in the afternoon,when I come to take you home" but that day was to be the last day I would ever see him again..And it hurts so bad.I wish there was a way to get through this hurt,pain and guilt I feel.
Amy

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-01-2010, 12:11 AM   #2

Re: Still Missing Casper

I'm so sorry for your losses so close together Amy

Please don't blame yourself, you did what you could for them both and they are both sleeping peacefully now free of pain.

Sleep tight Casper and Goober ....... xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-01-2010, 12:37 AM   #3

So sorry for your loss, I know exactly how you are feeling, it will take time, but in time you will be able to think of all the happy memories.......Hugs..x

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
09-03-2010, 05:33 PM   #4

I feel the same, I had my lovely Tabitha put to sleep on Sunday and have feelings of guilt, she also slept next to me and I miss her raspy purr in my ear. I miss her so much and the last time she slept next to me I told her I would get her better and she would be chasing butterflys this summer, but i didnt know how ill she was then and like you I decided not to let her suffer when I discovered it was lung cancer. I hope your grief is less acute now and that we will both eventually feel what we did was right

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Felix
09-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #5

I am so sorry for your loss.I know how you feel after my cat got knocked down by a car and I never got to say goodbye to her and I miss her so much. I've started myself off crying now I am pathetic. I never really spoke about it and just carried on life like normal but I think you do need to speak about it because it'll make you feel better in a way.

09-03-2010, 09:45 PM   #6

Casper was a very special cat,he has been gone now just about 3 months,I miss him so much,I just want the last day I had him to return,so I could do things differant.I was not with him when the vet put him to sleep,so I never got to say goodbye,I thought he was coming back! I did not think it was that serious! Thank you all for your replies,with time my wound will heal,my heart will always hold him near.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-03-2010, 09:50 PM   #7

Please don't feel guilty Amycat and Tabsie, you did your best and they are out of pain now. I know the bit about not being able to say goodbye, that always hurts. But it will get easier as the time goes by, it really will; and you can remember the happy times. Talking to understanding people does help a bit; please post as often as you wish; we are good listeners.

09-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #8

to Tabsie,I am sure Casper and Goober are friends with your Tabitha..they are all in their glory at the RainbowBridge.
I went to a website Petloss.com and have listed the cats that I have lost onto the Bridge list,I go there and see their names and pray. You should check out the website,it is very nice,so many people have their furr babies listed there.
Amy

09-03-2010, 09:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Please don't feel guilty Amycat and Tabsie, you did your best and they are out of pain now. I know the bit about not being able to say goodbye, that always hurts. But it will get easier as the time goes by, it really will; and you can remember the happy times. Talking to understanding people does help a bit; please post was often as you wish; we are good listeners.
Dandysmom,
Thank you for understanding,it seems cat people stick by one another.I wish I had a digital camera so that I could show every one what a handsome cat Casper was AND Goober, Goober actually adopted me..lol.
Amy

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbys
09-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by amycatz62
to Tabsie,I am sure Casper and Goober are friends with your Tabitha..they are all in their glory at the RainbowBridge.
I went to a website Petloss.com and have listed the cats that I have lost onto the Bridge list,I go there and see their names and pray. You should check out the website,it is very nice,so many people have their furr babies listed there.
Amy
Thanks, I will have a look at that site, and list Tabitha there