Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-07-2009, 10:26 PM   #11

Re: RIP Black & White cat on A131 in Braintree

Bless that biker for his act of compassion. RIP, little cat.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
23-07-2009, 09:54 PM   #12

I have a close friend who like myself, loves all animals, big and small. (as I am sure we all do lol!) We went for a meal out down the country lanes round about one summer evening a few years ago and on the way back at about eleven her headlights picked out a cat lying in the road. She turned the car round and put her headlights on it but the poor tortie was obviously dead. I am sorry to say but I could nt help her at all, she went and dragged it gently to the side of the road so it would nt get re run over. It was obviously killed in between our going out and coming back and as she s a very timid person I was full of admiration that she could do that. I rang a local lost pets number to report her found dead on the road. She had no collar and there was only one house quite a way down the road but no one answered our knock, tho it was late. Very sad when you come upon that - it upset me for days. Wrong place, wrong time for that wee cat. Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-07-2009, 10:37 PM   #13

It's heartbreaking isn't it. I cried all the way to work about 10 years ago when I drove past a beautiful british blue by the roadside. Broke my heart. S/he was obviously claimed as the body wasn't there on the way back.

I often run the scenario through my head. If, God forbid I hit or witnessed a hit whilst driving I would definitely stop. I would have to put my own squeamishness to one side because (a) the owner should know and (b) the animal itself deserves the respect of not being left in the middle of the road.

RIP little b/w kitty

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-07-2009, 09:22 PM   #14

How sad, rip wee kitty.

My mum was unfortunate enough to hit a cat a few years back now and killed it, nothing she could do as it just ran out on a 40mph road. She was absolutely distraught and after much persuasion to move it from the road, her (ex) bf put it in a dustbin. I was outraged but my mum had phoned the police, and the council (the vet was shut it was night-time) and no-one would help and what's more, were quite surprised why she was even bothered!

She still gets very upset about it to this day if she thinks about it, I can't imagine how she feels.

I remember seeing a dead cat one morning whilst walking Myles to school, not a road accident, just dead on the path, that was extremely sad, I had my dad come and move it and the council picked it up. Awful to see.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
26-07-2009, 12:57 AM   #15

A couple of years ago i was going to pick up my daughter and i saw this beautiful ginger cat henry on the verge near the church i instanly knew who is was even though i hadnt seen him before. The couple had only moved into the villiage a few months back. The man who knocked kay down stopped and knocked on the door told us and helped us look for her he was so heart broken over it as well. If he hadnt have done that we wouldnt have had the last few minutes with her to pass in my arms. It proves bikers do have hearts and not all are speed merchants. RIP little one.

jane

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: two long haired two short hair cats
27-07-2009, 09:21 PM   #16

I have lost three of my beloved cats on the roads, my first baby was nt picked up and she was re run over and over again as it was a very busy road a short distance from me. She had nt turned up for her breakfast and as my daughter was eleven weeks old I was nt ablt to go and look. I eventually got a phone call at lunch time from a very kind lady who told me her husband and son had moved my cat, Pru, and taken her collar with her tag. She offered for him to return, some few miles and bury Pru in the spinney at the bottom of my road which they kindly did. I asked for her collar as it felt so unreal but it was covered in blood. Yes, I hope I would find the courage as Yola said to put my squeamishness aside and move the poor animal. Pru did nt deserve that. Jan x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
27-07-2009, 11:08 PM   #17

Oh Jan - that was so kind of them to move and bury Pru for you. They must have been cat owners because it's mainly those who can imagine the pain that will help in such a way.