Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
26-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #11

Re: Upset Kitty

Is the mat one of those coir mats? like these? http://www.grimefordmill.co.uk/produ...FWfItAodRicABA

If so, then you may have a problem, especially if you cannt remove it. I have heard of many cats over the years using the coir mats for toileting, maybe its because it feels like the right material under foot for them to "naturally" go on. I would imagine it would be very hard to clean these thoroughly too and eliminate all trace of smell.

If its not a coir mat, then I am barking up the wrong tree, or scratching on the wrong post lol.

So who is your mum then? I know it's not me.

Cats owned: domestic shorthair (calico)
27-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #12

Hi Elaine
Yes! That's exactly what the mat is! The little sod plonks on it for a bit then ...... I've treated it, let it dry and have now covered it with another mat which she likes rubbing herself on but hasn't relieved herself on (yet).
My mum is Moli

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
27-04-2013, 02:45 PM   #13

Hiya Moli's bairn

I hope the covering improves the situation xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
29-04-2013, 01:45 AM   #14

I find Feliway plugins and plenty of them throughout the house really helps. Spraying the Feliway spray on the area where the cat is toileting inappropriately is meant to deter them as well.